talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ademola Lookman - Newcastle Looking to Loan Winger from RB Leipzig

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Pretty amusing that he's been anonymous out in Germany. The lad refused to put his heart back into making it at Everton when Silva and Brands tried to convince him he was a major part of their plans and he's wasted a year's development as a result. I'm not going to go in two-footed on him because by all accounts he was pretty homesick in Liverpool and I sympathise with a 21 year old lad going through that sort of emotional time, but a lot of our fans criticised the club for mismanaging him and thought he'd fly again back in Germany. Silva did his best to heal the damage done by Koeman and Allardyce and Lookman didn't respond, even after his under 21 (?) manager told him to sort his attitude out as well.

Newcastle United are looking to take winger Ademola Lookman on loan from RB Leipzig for the rest of this season, as they want to increase the firepower of their forward line. Talks between the two clubs have already begun about this potential loan deal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/01/08/newcastle-eyeing-loan-deal-former-everton-winger-ademola-lookman/

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Pretty amusing that he's been anonymous out in Germany. The lad refused to put his heart back into making it at Everton when Silva and Brands tried to convince him he was a major part of their plans and he's wasted a year's development as a result. I'm not going to go in two-footed on him because by all accounts he was pretty homesick in Liverpool and I sympathise with a 21 year old lad going through that sort of emotional time, but a lot of our fans criticised the club for mismanaging him and thought he'd fly again back in Germany. Silva did his best to heal the damage done by Koeman and Allardyce and Lookman didn't respond, even after his under 21 (?) manager told him to sort his attitude out as well.

Lookman's initial loan spell at RB Leipzig, when he joined them during January 2018, until the end of that season was a success, as he impressed. But since Lookman transferred to RB Leipzig permanently in the summer of 2019, he has struggled to get playing time at the club. A move back to England might be what's best for him right now. That is of course if he settles in ok at Newcastle, which is still a fair distance from London, his home city. But he does really have to become more professional, afterall he's 22 now and no longer a teenager.

• The topic was locked

Archived