talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lucas Tousart- Lyon to Hertha Berlin

It would appear that Hertha Berlin are close to buying French midfielder Lucas Tousart from Lyon. Hertha Berlin have apparently already agreed personal terms on a contract with Tousart and all that is left is for Hertha to agree on a transfer fee with Lyon. Hertha Berlin initially bid 20 million Euros for the 22 year old Tousart, but that offer was rejected by Lyon. Hertha then upped their offer to 25 million Euros, but Lyon rejected that bid as well. It seems that Lyon are holding out for a transfer fee of 30 million Euros and by the looks of things, Hertha will probably find a way to pay that amount. Hertha are said to be very keen on Tousart and they have made him their primary transfer target for January, according to reports.

https://www.time24.news/2020/01/tousart-has-reached-an-agreement-with-hertha-berlin.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Daylight robbery. The man doesn't know how to make a forward pass. I hope Hertha are planning on playing long ball, otherwise he'll kill every attack

I beg to differ to a certain degree. Lyon are a French team that I have watched a lot in recent years, both in their domestic league as well as in European competitions and Tousart has been an integral part of this Lyon team since he was a teenager. He has also been a key player for the French Under 21 side since 2016. At 22, he is still very young and not the finished article, but he does have the potential to become even better as a player.

While it is true that short passes are one of the trademarks of his play, I have also seen him many a time attempt through balls, many of them with success. Essentially Hertha are looking for a ball winner and tackling and winning the ball back are Tousart's strongest assets. He is one of the best defensive midfielders in France and that is a huge feat, given the abundance of talent that the French have.

30 million Euros for a 22 year old French midfielder who has a bucketload of caps at various international levels for France and who has been vital for Lyon in the last 4 to 5 years, is a good deal in my book. Especially in today's transfer market. Tousart first came to international attention as a teeneager, when he helped France win the 2016 Under 19 European Championships, in which he scored in the final against Italy and in a tournament where he was named in the team of the tournament. As a ball winner, Tousart is one of the best in the business from what I have seen.

• 2 weeks later...

So Hertha will pay €24 million for him, plus a 10% sell on clause, if they sell him in the future. That seems a decent deal from Hertha's perspective. So no doubt that Tousart will partner Santiago Ascacibar in Hertha's defensive midfield positions next season.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

No club should be breaking their record transfer fee to sign him.

I think they're just desperate to bring some big money signing in, considering they already failed signing Xhaka, and with all their announcements about wanting to be a big club in the future. 

Archived