talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

CAF World Cup Qualifiers

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do tend to think the South American system is the easiest for the best teams to progress through. Them, and Asia. 
In Africa and Europe the best 5 teams, and the best 13 teams don't qualify. Ever. Because they're divided into such small groups, theres less time for the results to form a proper mean. If you stuck all the European teams into 3 huge groups, and the top 4 go through (plus best 5th place) There's no fucking way Italy miss out. 

18 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I do tend to think the South American system is the easiest for the best teams to progress through. Them, and Asia. 
In Africa and Europe the best 5 teams, and the best 13 teams don't qualify. Ever. Because they're divided into such small groups, theres less time for the results to form a proper mean. If you stuck all the European teams into 3 huge groups, and the top 4 go through (plus best 5th place) There's no fucking way Italy miss out. 

I'm not so sure, Italy was in a group with Bulgaria, Lithuania, Switzerland, and Northern Ireland - it's draws against sides like Bulgaria, Northern Ireland and Switzerland that fucked them. Switzerland are a decent side, tbf... but it's not like Italy was in a group of footballing powerhouses. If they couldn't get the results against those sides to qualify... I'm not so sure they could get results if they had to play in bigger groups with better sides.

In other news, Queiroz's left his job at Egypt... I'd take him and his ugly style of football back at Iran tbh.

Archived