• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Mason Holgate - Everton Reject Offers

Recommended Posts

Quote.thumb.png.67e21bc6dcce4f83a49081e1873566bf.png

Everton has rejected two offers for English defender Mason Holgate, with Newcastle United, Bournemouth and Sheffield United among the teams interested in the 23-year-old. (Football Insider)

Holgate is in line for an England call-up after boss Gareth Southgate and his staff have watched the Everton defender in his last three games. (Mirror)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the most bizarre transfer shout I can think of. We have three central defenders and Holgate is playing every week and arguably having a better season than Mina, definitely better than Keane. As the other headline says, he's in with a shout of an England call up, claiming we'd let him go and that he'd want to go to a side further down the table? Idiotic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Honestly the most bizarre transfer shout I can think of. We have three central defenders and Holgate is playing every week and arguably having a better season than Mina, definitely better than Keane. As the other headline says, he's in with a shout of an England call up, claiming we'd let him go and that he'd want to go to a side further down the table? Idiotic.

Sounds like a promising young lad and can play in the backline or mid-field, someone better tell him though if United call to tell them to fuck off they would only ruin the lad, Lingard & Pogba would take him out disco dancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Sounds like a promising young lad and can play in the backline or mid-field, someone better tell him though if United call to tell them to fuck off they would only ruin the lad, Lingard & Pogba would take him out disco dancing.

He's definitely a centre back who is capable of playing full back. I wouldn't really put midfield into the mix, although if he was coached to learn the position I think he could be effective in there as well. The fact that he can be trusted to play there is a credit to him but also a lot to do with the problems we have in that area of the pitch currently.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Honestly the most bizarre transfer shout I can think of. We have three central defenders and Holgate is playing every week and arguably having a better season than Mina, definitely better than Keane. As the other headline says, he's in with a shout of an England call up, claiming we'd let him go and that he'd want to go to a side further down the table? Idiotic.

If I was him I'd be pushing for a move to make a step up at Sheffield United:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

If I was him I'd be pushing for a move to make a step up at Sheffield United:ph34r:

They've already signed Rodwell so they're all sorted :ph34r:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Keane’s the one they need to be getting rid of

I'd keep him as a fourth choice as he's generally alright against bottom half opposition. We need someone else ahead of him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd keep him as a fourth choice as he's generally alright against bottom half opposition. We need someone else ahead of him though.

I think overall you’re better off replacing him, but yeah I guess why not keep him for depth while you have him.

Most of the time when I’ve seen him play this season though he’s been Everton’s worst player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think overall you’re better off replacing him, but yeah I guess why not keep him for depth while you have him.

Most of the time when I’ve seen him play this season though he’s been Everton’s worst player

He's a weird one. A massive confidence player with fragile confidence. His first season he looked lost playing alongside Williams most of the time. Last season for example he played alongside Zouma for most of the season and they really worked well together. Our defensive record was in the top few in the league during that season. This season he's been poor again. I was worried about a central defensive pairing of Mina and Keane due to both of them being pretty slow. Mina manages it better than Keane. Maybe I'm wrong about the confidence thing and Keane needs to play alongside a fast defender and he's sound, but even alongside Holgate who has decent pace, we didn't look secure with him in there. Mina and Keane are definitely the partnership to go with now even though Ancelotti has said he trusts all three of them equally. Holgate's progress this season has been a major highlight though. He, along with Calvert-Lewin, is sticking it to our idiot fans who slated them both when they weren't world beaters at 21. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement