The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [31. Spieltag] - 12-14th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Piatek scores to give Hertha the lead after he picked up a loose ball and just ran through the Frankfurt defence, before clinically finishing.

Hertha 1-0 Frankfurt

must have watched a different goal!

He was passed the ball, then showed persistence in front of 3 defenders to get through them with perhaps a bit of fortune, then finished nicely.

Don't think he 'ran through' them!

• Administrator

Penalty to Union Berlin! VAR underway, referee deciding to look at it himself. Czichos has his arm tucked in but it looks like a very slight movement to block it as he turns his body...

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

must have watched a different goal!

He was passed the ball, then showed persistence in front of 3 defenders to get through them with perhaps a bit of fortune, then finished nicely.

Don't think he 'ran through' them!

So you are quoting the commentator with saying he used persistence, yeah, he used persistence to run through the defence. Talk about being pedantic.xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Huge goal there by Osako to increase the lead, but great effort by Rashica and Sargent for playing their role in the goal.

Sargent has been very good so far today!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

So you are quoting the commentator with saying he used persistence, yeah, he used persistence to run through the defence. Talk about being pedantic.xD

Huh? I watched the goal for myself. Didn't need to quote the commentator. Not pedantic, running through the defence makes it sound like he ran through gaps. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Huh? I watched the goal for myself. Didn't need to quote the commentator. Not pedantic, running through the defence makes it sound like he ran through gaps. 

If that's how you interpret running through the defence, then that's your interpretation.

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

If that's how you interpret running through the defence, then that's your interpretation.

The commentator was on my side too by the sounds of it anyway :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Goal difference will be vital.. 

True, won't be worth much if Fortuna/Mainz don't lose the matches they're supposed to lose though... 😬

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Penalty to Frankfurt! Red card given for Boyata but both should be overturned. Looked like the striker clipped his own heels...

No penalty! It's a free-kick instead.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived