• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [31. Spieltag] - 12-14th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Did you guys see Awoniyi's injury? Looked nasty. Not even the clash itself, but the way he fell to the ground head/neck first. Hope he's ok. 

Yes, it was an unpleasant fall. Hopefully it's not as serious as it looked. The latest reports apparently say that he is conscious, so that has to be a positive sign. Apart from that, it's been an entertaining first half, no doubt you and @nudge will be happy with the result so far. If Mainz are to get anything out of this game, I think that it will likely be through Mateta or Quaison, as they are their most threatening Mainz players in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

A perfect matchday for us 😊 a comfortable win, and all other results going our way too... 

Paderborn are down. However, I think it's quite safe to say that Werder Bremen, Dusseldorf and Mainz will all lose in the next match day as they face Bayern, RB Leipzig and Dortmund respectively! xD They are basically up against the 3 best teams in Germany.

It looks highly likely that Bayern will win the title in Bremen, so all eyes will be on that match on Tuesday.:22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Michael said:

Paderborn are down. However, I think it's quite safe to say that Werder Bremen, Dusseldorf and Mainz will all lose in the next match day as they face Bayern, RB Leipzig and Dortmund respectively! xD They are basically up against the 3 best teams in Germany.

It looks highly likely that Bayern will win the title in Bremen, so all eyes will be on that match on Tuesday.:22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, that's what everyone expects, but just look at how Paderborn managed to hold Leipzig to a 1-1 draw last week, or how Fortuna only lost to BVB in the very last minute in added time yesterday... You just never know. Even a single point from a lucky draw would be a massive boost for either one of us (Werder, Fortuna, Mainz). Preferably for us 😂

Well I think we can now say that Augsburg, Union Berlin and Koln are all going to stay up, even though there is a mathematical chance that any one of them could go down. Paderborn in affect are going to get relegated, barring a miracle. So that leaves Werder Bremen, Fortuna Dusseldorf and Mainz all trying to avoid that last automatic relegation place.

The following are the remaining fixtures for these three clubs:

Werder Bremen (28 points)                                                           Fortuna Dusseldorf (28 points)                                                          FSV Mainz (31 points)

Bayern Munich (Home)                                                                   RB Leipzig (Away)                                                                                 Dortmund (Away)

Mainz (Away)                                                                                    Augsburg (Home)                                                                                  Werder Bremen (Home)

FC Koln (Home)                                                                                Union Berlin (Away)                                                                               Bayer Leverkusen (Away)

Realistically speaking, each side is going to lose their next league match. However Werder have every chance of winning their next 2 matches against Mainz and Koln. The same can be said about Dusseldorf, who have it in them to beat both Augsburg and Union Berlin in their final two fixtures. As for Mainz, you wouldn't think that they will take any points against Dortmund or Bayer Leverkusen. So they will try their best to beat Werder Bremen, as that is their easiest remaining fixture(with all due respect to @nudge).

One thing is for certain is that the Mainz vs Werder Bremen fixture will go a very long way in determining who gets relegated. Certainly in theory Werder and Dusseldorf have the easier remaining fixtures, but Mainz do have the advantage of being 3 points ahead of both of them in the table. It promises to be a very tight battle to avoid relegation between these 3 clubs. Some exciting and nail biting(in the case of @nudge and @Tommy) games ahead. :D

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, that's what everyone expects, but just look at how Paderborn managed to hold Leipzig to a 1-1 draw last week, or how Fortuna only lost to BVB in the very last minute in added time yesterday... You just never know. Even a single point from a lucky draw would be a massive boost for either one of us (Werder, Fortuna, Mainz). Preferably for us 😂

Yes, that is true, but come on, Bayern, Dortmund and RB Leipzig will be heavy favourites when they face those 3 relegation threatened clubs. Slip ups may happen, but I think it's very unlikely, especially as it has reached the stage when these relegation threatened clubs have become quite desperate. Their nervousness could be at an all time high! xD

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well I think we can now say that Augsburg, Union Berlin and Kol n are all going to stay up, even though there is a mathematical chance that any one of them could go down. Paderborn in affect are going to get relegated, barring a miracle. So that leaves Werder Bremen, Fortuna Dusseldorf and Mainz all trying to avoid that last automatic relegation place.

The following is the remaining fixtures for these three clubs:

Werder Bremen (28 points)                                                           Fortuna Dusseldorf (28 points)                                                          FSV Mainz (31 points)

Bayern Munich (Home)                                                                   RB Leipzig (Away)                                                                                 Dortmund (Away)

Mainz (Away)                                                                                    Augsburg (Home)                                                                                  Werder Bremen (Home)

FC Koln (Home)                                                                                Union Berlin (Away)                                                                               Bayer Leverkusen (Away)

Realistically speaking, each side is going to lose their next league match. However Werder have every chance of winning their next 2 matches against Mainz and Koln. The same can be said about Dusseldorf, who have it in them to beat both Augsburg and Union Berlin in their final two fixtures. As for Mainz, you wouldn't think that they will take any points against Dortmund or Bayer Leverkusen. So they will try their best to beat Werder Bremen, as that is their easiest remaining fixture(with all due respect to @nudge).

One thing is for certain is that the Mainz vs Werder Bremen fixture will go a very long way in determining who gets relegated. Certainly in theory Werder and Dusseldorf have the easier remaining fixtures, but Mainz do have the advantage of being 3 points ahead of both of them in the table. It promises to be a very tight battle to avoid relegation between these 3 clubs. Some exciting and nail biting(in the case of @nudge and @Tommy) games ahead. :D

Yeah it's pretty simple, we have to win our last two games, no excuses. As you said, Mainz v Werder is likely going to be the relegation decider, one way or another. 

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, that is true, but come on, Bayern, Dortmund and RB Leipzig will be heavy favourites when they face those 3 relegation threatened clubs. Slip ups may happen, but I think it's very unlikely, especially as it has reached the stage when these relegation threatened clubs have become quite desperate. Their nervousness could be at an all time high! xD

On the other hand, those big clubs don't really have much to play for - the title is already Bayern's either way, BVB have the CL spot and no realistic chance to win the league anymore, RB might be a bit more motivated due to Leverkusen and Gladbach a few points behind them, but they are pretty much guaranteed a CL spot too; whereas the relegation clubs are fighting for survival so are definitely by far more motivated. For the record, I don't see us getting anything from the match against Bayern (they're just too good and have a great mentality regardless of league standings), but I wouldn't be surprised if BVB bottled it against Mainz. 

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah it's pretty simple, we have to win our last two games, no excuses. As you said, Mainz v Werder is likely going to be the relegation decider, one way or another. 

On the other hand, those big clubs don't really have much to play for - the title is already Bayern's either way, BVB have the CL spot and no realistic chance to win the league anymore, RB might be a bit more motivated due to Leverkusen and Gladbach a few points behind them, but they are pretty much guaranteed a CL spot too; whereas the relegation clubs are fighting for survival so are definitely by far more motivated. For the record, I don't see us getting anything from the match against Bayern (they're just too good and have a great mentality regardless of league standings), but I wouldn't be surprised if BVB bottled it against Mainz. 

Yes, I would agree that the relegation threatened clubs will probably be more motivated. However, Dortmund will surely want to secure 2nd place, while RB Leipzig you would think will try their best to finish as high as possible in the table. The higher the teams end up in the table, the higher the prize money, as well as the obvious other reasons to finish as high as possible. I think the top 3 clubs will be professional in their approach, that's just what I feel. You also have to think that all the 3 relegation threatened clubs really need to search to win their remaining 3 fixtures, if they take somewhat of an attacking approach, they are very likely to be punished by the likes of Lewandowski, Haaland and Werner. xD

I am not just saying this, but on present form/performance, Werder and Dusseldorf do seem to me to be playing better than Mainz. I am a fan of Mateta and Quaison, but some of Mainz's midfielders have been awful recently. Barreiro for example was constantly misplacing his passes today and he looked pretty poor in midfield. He's not the only one who's been below par either, many of their players have looked clueless. I think we will have to agree to disagree about the Dortmund v Mainz game, I am pretty sure Dortmund will win that one. They've got most of their players back from injury and I think they just have too much class for this Mainz side. Anything is possible of course, but I only see a Dortmund win there. 

Either way, there are some exciting matches ahead.

Schalke manager David Wagner's decision to play many of his talented youngsters today, seems to have paid off so far. Kutucu, Boujellab and Bozdogan all look like really talented players with a lot of potential. 

Well, this young Schalke side managed to hold out for a draw in the end. Leverkusen were probably the better side in the second half, creating several chances before they scored. However, the Schalke sub Gregoritsch had a huge chance to snatch the lead in injury time when his header was excellently saved by Hradecky. All in all, Schalke will feel proud of their performance tonight against one of the better sides in Germany, but Schalke have not won now in their last 13 Bundesliga matches!:ph34r:

I mean, there's no good time for a global pandemic that kills thousands but Koln have gone from three defeats in eleven games prior to this to no wins in six. Thankfully, there's just three games left of the season, otherwise I'd be much more fearful of relegation.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived