talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Should Buffon Win The Ballon D'or

48 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

No, it shouldn't be given to a player strictly due to sentimental reasons. It should go to the best individual performer of the year, regardless of what their team have or haven't won and should certainly not be given to a player on the basis that they are a legend and haven't won it before.

This.

42 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I think we can all comfortably say that he should have in the past but as long as you have Ronaldo and Messi playing it's hard not to give it to them the last few years....

Which season was Buffon robbed in where he was the best player on the planet?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This.

Which season was Buffon robbed in where he was the best player on the planet?

03  and 06 and I'm pretty sure he was in the running those years as well. He was literally a wall in front of the posts.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

03  and 06 and I'm pretty sure he was in the running those years as well. He was literally a wall in front of the posts.

In 2003 Pavel Nedved was the just winner of the award and in 2006 (very clever bringing up that one) I would put Raúl up for that award as much as anyone else that was in line for it that year.  There has been no season where Buffon "should've won it" and was robbed mate.  Never!

As I already said and Rebel put it very well...  I get why people want Buffon to win it and I have similar sentiments.  But he doesn't deserve it because unfortunately the Ballon d'Or isn't a sentimental award.  It's (or should be) the award for the best footballer on the planet.

33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In 2003 Pavel Nedved was the just winner of the award and in 2006 (very clever bringing up that one) I would put Raúl up for that award as much as anyone else that was in line for it that year.  There has been no season where Buffon "should've won it" and was robbed mate.  Never!

As I already said and Rebel put it very well...  I get why people want Buffon to win it and I have similar sentiments.  But he doesn't deserve it because unfortunately the Ballon d'Or isn't a sentimental award.  It's (or should be) the award for the best footballer on the planet.

Oh I agree that he was never robbed of the award I just believe those two years we was as deserving as the winner was for it, however that's just my opinion. I don't think in the last decade since he was deserved it.

Archived