talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 3 - Hungarian GP (17-19th July)

football forum

• Subscriber

Whoa, protests and investigations everywhere...

Albon/RB summoned to the stewards for allegedly drying his starting grid spot.

Renault officially launch another protest against Racing Point.

Both Haas drivers under investigation for allegedly using driver aids during the formation lap.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

What do teams have against Racing Point? 

Also, anyone else forget what they predicted then be quite happy they got something right? Like the Bonus Point question today was highest Ferrari to finish. I guessed 5-8th but totally forgot xD 

• Subscriber

Both Haas get 10 sec penalty each, meaning Magnussen falls down to P10 and Grosjean to P16.

No penalty for Albon, it was deemed that RB personnel didn't attempt to dry his grid box.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Stan said:

What do teams have against Racing Point? 

The idea of them gaining an unfair advantage by copying Mercedes designs for parts that according to regulations they are supposed to design themselves.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

The idea of them gaining an unfair advantage by copying Mercedes designs for parts that according to regulations they are supposed to design themselves.

Are they just going to report them after each race then?

Just now, nudge said:

Very Schumi-esque... 

Not the first time he took the strategy into his own hands and it paid off. He'd make a great team boss one day, but I doubt that he's interested in that. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are they just going to report them after each race then?

Yes, until FIA concludes its investigation. That's part of the protocol, if you want all of their results to be nulified in case the car is indeed deemed illegal, then you have to report them after each race. 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Yes, until FIA concludes its inestigation. That's part of the protocol, if you want all of their results to be nulified in case the car is indeed deemed illegal, then you have to report them after each race. 

That's fair enough I guess. Adds to the evidence.

https://streamable.com/0tjmoo

Wow, Kvyat asked three times if he could stop for slicks before the race starts and they completely ignored him. He could have scored points if he did. Assholes. Although they might wanted to escape the penalty Haas got today, but they still could have responded. Poor Daniil. :( 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://streamable.com/0tjmoo

Wow, Kvyat asked three times if he could stop for slicks before the race starts and they completely ignored him. He could have scored points if he did. Assholes. 

Err... They couldn't really answer him. If they told him to pit, they would have gotten penalties like the two Haas did! Kvyat could have boxed on his own accord and just tell the team he's coming in. That's a bit of a shite rule, to be fair.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Err... They couldn't really answer him. If they told him to pit, they would have gotten penalties like the two Haas did! Kvyat could have boxed on his own accord and just tell the team he's coming in. That's a bit of a shite rule, to be fair.

Yea, I understand. They still could have responded with "It's your call" or something. Instead the completely ignored him. I felt sorry for him. xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I understand. They still could have responded with "It's your call" or something. Instead the completely ignored him. I felt sorry for him. xD

Yeah, that complete radio silence cuts deep :4_joy:

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Best of team radio:

Crazy that Lewis didn't know Max was still in the race until lap 10. Did he think the car behind him was Albon?! Or maybe he didn't know it was an RB behind him because he was so far ahead xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Crazy that Lewis didn't know Max was still in the race until lap 10. Did he think the car behind him was Albon?! Or maybe he didn't know it was an RB behind him because he was so far ahead xD 

Probably didn't even bother to check the rear mirrors. xD

Archived