• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Sergio Perez to Leave Racing Point

Recommended Posts

Vettel to Aston Martin then? Nice. 

Wonder if Perez will drive in F1 next season. Red Bull should jump on the opportunity and give him a seat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

End of 2020 season

 

Strange decision this. I'm not sure where else he is going to go? 

Perez has had a horrible season, from going home and having to sit two 2 races because of COVID, and from getting pretty consistently beaten by your teammate, who wasn't given enough respect until this year, and now this? 

I think he's done....I mean the only options he has if he wants to remain in F1 is Haas, Alfa Romeo, and RB/AT...and Haas and AR are a massive step down, and RB/AT can do better than him I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Vettel to Aston Martin then? Nice. 

Wonder if Perez will drive in F1 next season. Red Bull should jump on the opportunity and give him a seat...

Do you think? I'd think RB sees themselves a big step above Racing Point, and so I'm not sure getting a driver getting beaten by his teammate at Racing Point is really the step that RB need to take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, Checo is far from done. If I had to bet money, I'd say Haas will go for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Do you think? I'd think RB sees themselves a big step above Racing Point, and so I'm not sure getting a driver getting beaten by his teammate at Racing Point is really the step that RB need to take. 

A solid, experienced driver and a consistent points scorer is what they need for that #2 seat. I'd prefer Hülkenberg, but think Perez would be a solid choice. He might have less points than Stroll so far this season, but then Perez still beat him in qualifying, and on top of that, Perez also missed two races due to covid. Hardly representative. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Please, Checo is far from done. If I had to bet money, I'd say Haas will go for him. 

No doubt Haas should, the article just read as if Checo decided against resigning with RP, which would be an odd choice consider Haas is basically the American version of Williams right now in terms of pace

1 minute ago, nudge said:

A solid, experienced driver and a consistent points scorer is what they need for that #2 seat. I'd prefer Hülkenberg, but think Perez would be a solid choice. He might have less points than Stroll so far this season, but then Perez still beat him in qualifying, and on top of that, Perez also missed two races due to covid. Hardly representative. 

Sure, he is an experienced driver, but RB are loaded and have a massive talent in F2 that just happens to be from Japan. 

So if RB went with Max and Checo, then AT would be Gasly and Albon? That seems risky whereas if he qualifies, it would make more sense (to me), to have RB do Max and Gasly in the RB seats, Albon and Tsunoda in the AT seats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh, I just read that Carlos Slim, where Checo's sponsorship money comes from, had a falling out with Gene Haas because he dropped one of the Slim sponsored drivers in Nascar (I believe) in 2019. So there might be bad blood between them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Sure, he is an experienced driver, but RB are loaded and have a massive talent in F2 that just happens to be from Japan. 

So if RB went with Max and Checo, then AT would be Gasly and Albon? That seems risky whereas if he qualifies, it would make more sense (to me), to have RB do Max and Gasly in the RB seats, Albon and Tsunoda in the AT seats. 

Tsunoda will get the AT seat at most (if he qualifies for the super license), he is definitely not ready for RB. It's also very possible that he'll have to spend another year in F2. Gasly is a talented driver, but already failed in RB once - giving him another chance would definitely make sense, the question is if he even wants that though. Albon...well, massively disappointing so far, and I don't see him in RB next season. Perez or Hülkenberg instead of him would be a huge improvement, until the new talent from their youth ranks makes a proper breakthrough - regardless if it's Tsunoda, Vips, Lawson or anyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Please, Checo is far from done. If I had to bet money, I'd say Haas will go for him. 

I'd bet on Sauber.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Tsunoda will get the AT seat at most (if he qualifies for the super license), he is definitely not ready for RB. It's also very possible that he'll have to spend another year in F2. Gasly is a talented driver, but already failed in RB once - giving him another chance would definitely make sense, the question is if he even wants that though. Albon...well, massively disappointing so far, and I don't see him in RB next season. Perez or Hülkenberg instead of him would be a huge improvement, until the new talent from their youth ranks makes a proper breakthrough - regardless if it's Tsunoda, Vips, Lawson or anyone else. 

I knew Tsunoda wouldn't go straight to RB...But a lineup of...

Max and Gasly (RB)
Tsunoda and Albon (AT) 

Is pretty solid, but certainly changed IF RB decides to part ways with Albon OR if Gasly is offered the RB seat and declines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please leave my boy Pierre out of Red Bull. I hope he finds a seat outside of Red Bull one day. I think the Red Bull car isn't that good, and Max is just a statistic and performance-skewing cyborg. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eco said:

I knew Tsunoda wouldn't go straight to RB...But a lineup of...

Max and Gasly (RB)
Tsunoda and Albon (AT) 

Is pretty solid, but certainly changed IF RB decides to part ways with Albon OR if Gasly is offered the RB seat and declines. 

Yeah that's the point I'm making. It's not decided that Tsunoda will be promoted to F1 anyway. So I could imagine Max and a new #2 (a solid experienced driver) in RB, Gasly and Albon in AT for 2021.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nudge said:

Yeah that's the point I'm making. It's not decided that Tsunoda will be promoted to F1 anyway. So I could imagine Max and a new #2 (a solid experienced driver) in RB, Gasly and Albon in AT for 2021.

If Tsunoda did qualify, and got the AT seat...I would be do damn happy for him. Seems like just a naturally happy and great driver. Plus the Honda connection would just make RB a happier team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy said:

Please leave my boy Pierre out of Red Bull. I hope he finds a seat outside of Red Bull one day. I think the Red Bull car isn't that good, and Max is just a statistic and performance-skewing cyborg. 

The car this season is definitely very poor. The actual performance on track apparently doesn't correlate with the CFD and wind tunnel data, so something went wrong there. Newey past it?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McLaren apparently want Perez for their IndyCar team if he can't find a seat in F1 next season!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement