Bundesliga 2020/21 - [3. Spieltag] - 2-4th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Jensen done anything yet? @Eco @nudge?

Just turned on and I've seen Wolfsburg have about 95% of the ball (the other 5% has been with Augsburg's keeper).

Came on as a sub about 10 minutes ago, no chance to shine so far. Augbsurg playing very defensively in the 2nd half, probably waiting for good counterattacking opportunities.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Jensen done anything yet? @Eco @nudge?

Just turned on and I've seen Wolfsburg have about 95% of the ball (the other 5% has been with Augsburg's keeper).

No. Just came on. None of the subs have really done anything. 

• Administrator

Cheers both.

What's the odds Wolfsburg score from a 'cut-back' cross?

Seen about 3 moves so far and it's all a cut back from the right win. One of which perhaps Brekalo arguably could have done better.

• Administrator

I know I'm partly biased for Comunio-related reasons but Jensen has impressed when Augsburg attack. Nice bit of footwork and nearly assisted Finnbogasson there. First instinct to me always to drive forward and if he's not got the ball, pick up decent positions in/around the box. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know I'm partly biased for Comunio-related reasons but Jensen has impressed when Augsburg attack. Nice bit of footwork and nearly assisted Finnbogasson there. First instinct to me always to drive forward and if he's not got the ball, pick up decent positions in/around the box. 

Yeah, Jensen is a good player for both club and country. 

Truth is he just plays in a position where we have some talent, otherwise he'd be getting more minutes. 

• Administrator

From what I've seen Wolfsburg can't complain at the result because they had their chances to win it. Especially that Brooks one just then. Free header and his bald, shiny 50p head sent it wide.

And it's over! 0-0 draw. 

What a start from Augsburg...having 7 points after 3 matches, 2 of which represent Germany in European competitions. 

First game of the year where we weren't the better team, but damn we were resilient. 

My hope for this year was to survive our tenth Bundesliga season, and do to so, we needed 30-33 points.

After 3 matches, sitting on 7 points, having gotten 4 points from matches against Dortmund and Wolfsburg, I am simply on cloud 9.

I missed the Wolfsburg v Augsburg match, but it doesn't seem like I missed too much.

Hertha have started relatively well against Bayern, if they could get a result in Munich, it would be a very good achievement by them.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived