talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Arsenal Get Relegated This Season?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much sniffing around does Wenger still do at Arsenal? I can see that being a serious problem for any manager, but especially a rookie, if the guy everyone's seen as "the boss" for the last 20 years is still hanging around and undermining his authority, deliberately or otherwise. Same for Ole at Manchester United (is he parking in his own parking space yet?). I remember Kenny Dalglish saying Bob Paisley had to ban Shankly from the ground for similar reasons

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

How much sniffing around does Wenger still do at Arsenal? 

I can't see him being another Fergie, SAF will always hang around OT as that was his second home but with Wenger, the old Highbury ground was his second home and when he said  “Coming back to Highbury has filled me with so many great memories of our time here". makes me think if the gunners had stayed at Highbury then Wenger would have become another Fergie and be part of the furniture.

11 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I can't see him being another Fergie, SAF will always hang around OT as that was his second home but with Wenger, the old Highbury ground was his second home and when he said  “Coming back to Highbury has filled me with so many great memories of our time here". makes me think if the gunners had stayed at Highbury then Wenger would have become another Fergie and be part of the furniture.

Yeah, plus Wenger has another job now thinking up shit ideas for IFAB or something so it'd arguably be inappropriate for him to be constantly at his old club, whereas Ferguson's retired I believe. I was surprised when someone said in this thread that he's still seen around the place, but if true I can certainly see it causing issues.

• Administrator
On 23/12/2020 at 10:37, CaaC (John) said:

Can't see the board letting him slip into the relegation zone either, United and Ole survived when things looked bleak but he has the experienced Mike Phelan beside him plus they both worked with SAF who is still hanging around OT for a shoulder for Ole to cry on, I don't think Wenger hangs around the Emirates like Fergie at OT.

Wenger has said before about the old ground, Highbury Although Highbury as a football stadium is now gone, Highbury Square has ensured that our old home will never be forgotten.” Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “Coming back to Highbury has filled me with so many great memories of our time here". He might have bought a flat there in the square for holiday purposes.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Say it again for those at the back Johnny

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

“Coming back to Highbury has filled me with so many great memories of our time here"

I know but I only quoted that, not the whole thread, then again I should have said "What I posted a few posts back..."I am having a wee tipple so I don't mind  :D :hh:

Archived