talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Arsenal Get Relegated This Season?

Still blaming Wenger is fucking stupid. It doesn't make any sense. I guess people that were blaming him for everything still need to stick to that stance though.

Emery's best period was his first 6 months right after Wenger left, then it went bad. If Wenger left a mess at the club, it wouldn't have started off well where players like Ozil & Ramsey were still playing regularly and playing well. The board then rescinded Ramsey's contract and wanted to force Ozil out. We then stopped playing decent football and played like shit the more the team became Emery's.

Arteta's best period was his first 6 months and now it's gone to complete shit. He was playing defensive football but it looked like he was setting up a solid foundation to build on. After the squad for this season was announced and Arteta ruffled feathers for no reason, it went downhill. Had to leave Ozil out (which I don't think was his decision as he was playing him before the first forced break due to covid), fell out with Guendouzi (who was one of our better midfielders last season), left out Sokratis (who was our best defender last season), brought in Saliba for a decent amount of money and then left him out the squad and had a falling out with Maitland-Niles for a while.

I don't see how the managers' man management is down to Wenger. The players always backed him regardless of how things were going.

On top of bad man management, the worst thing we did after Wenger left was use that as an opportunity to restructure how the whole club was run. And the guy, Gazidis, that did the restructuring then left shortly after.

The people running the club seem clueless, the manager seems clueless and the players don't want to play for the manager. Wenger's fault...

I'd also buy the argument that the players aren't good enough if Arteta was getting the best out of the players and needed better players to go to the next level. That's not what's happening.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

arsenal should go for rodgers or the wolves manager. maybe the guy from RB leipzig

I think Hassenhuttl would be a great fit. However there's no reason to even leave Southampton these days for the train wreck that is Arsenal. 

3 hours ago, Panna King said:

Well Arsenal need to shift out Ozil asap to bring in a attacking midfielder. 

Yeah, it makes great sense not to use the one that we have now and we obviously aren't allowed to buy any attacking midfielders until he leaves.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think Hassenhuttl would be a great fit. However there's no reason to even leave Southampton these days for the train wreck that is Arsenal. 

I think sense goes out the window sometimes. Arsenal do have a pull that very few clubs have. Only Liverpool and Manchester United are clearly bigger clubs. That being said, if the size of the job is so big to be daunting it will put managers off. Would Klopp have gone to Liverpool after hodgson? I doubt it.

Could be a tough few years for Arsenal but they’ll be back at some point.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think sense goes out the window sometimes. Arsenal do have a pull that very few clubs have. Only Liverpool and Manchester United are clearly bigger clubs. That being said, if the size of the job is so big to be daunting it will put managers off. Would Klopp have gone to Liverpool after hodgson? I doubt it.

Okay might have exaggerated a little. 

• Subscriber

With Arsenal you can forgive a bad season. The worry for me, if I supported them, was that similar happened next season. That's where this kind of situation becomes their norm and that for me means they become likely to drop in the next few years.

They've been gradually on the decline for a while, mind, so I don't think it's actually as ridiculous as once thought.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Yeah, it makes great sense not to use the one that we have now and we obviously aren't allowed to buy any attacking midfielders until he leaves.

Well it seems a stupid mistake by the board or whoever it is, it does seem though he is our only creative midfielder in the whole squad. Hopefully Aour will come in but considering the teams form and league position, not many players would really want to come to us in January unless its purely for money. 

5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Klopp would have come after anyone, he's literally said it himself. Its the job he always wanted. 

I do agree though that Arsenal should be aiming much higher than a rookie, thunderbird puppet lookalike. 

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Going to a club that’s got the infrastructure I turn it around, I’d argue it’s better to go in after an objectively massive failure. You probably afford yourself much more patience by being compared with the shite before you.

Arsenal should probably sack Arteta, but I think they should identify a replacement (or potential replacements first). 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp would have come after anyone, he's literally said it himself. Its the job he always wanted. 

I do agree though that Arsenal should be aiming much higher than a rookie, thunderbird puppet lookalike. 

You surely don't believe that shite? Every manager says "It's my dream job" as soon as they're managing a top team. 
I'm not saying hes about to go anywhere, but we're all old and ugly enough to not believe that right?

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Get Edu out and give the keys to Marc Overmars, Rolf Rangnick or Luis Campos. This should be the first move.

Arsenal has so much potential. They have a really good academy, a huge fanbase and in their current squad they have 4 or 5 quality players that you can build around. 

Heard earlier Campos is also about to leave Lille as well. It makes so much sense for Arsenal to do it - which is why there's no chance they'll do it.

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Of course Klopp wouldn't have come in straight after Hodgson. He was half way through a season where he won his first Bundesliga title with Dortmund when Hodgson was sacked. Liverpool were 12th in the Premier League at that point

23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Of course Klopp wouldn't have come in straight after Hodgson. He was half way through a season where he won his first Bundesliga title with Dortmund when Hodgson was sacked. Liverpool were 12th in the Premier League at that point

Fukkinell Mike i was generally speaking, not meaning specific dates pal xD

What i meant was he wanted a project, a big club he could bring back to life. Hes said numerous times he wouldn't ever manage clubs such as Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern. Just like he admitted being approached by Manchester Utd before joining us and turned it down. 

Did you see the state of the squad he took over at Liverpool? He always wanted the Liverpool job, he's literally said it! 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You surely don't believe that shite? Every manager says "It's my dream job" as soon as they're managing a top team. 
I'm not saying hes about to go anywhere, but we're all old and ugly enough to not believe that right?

Well he turned Manchester Utd down a few months before accepting a job at Liverpool and he's totally ruled out ever managing Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern etc so yeah, im inclined to believe that this is the job he wanted. 

Hes also said that when his contract runs out at Liverpool he will take some time off, move back to Mainz and hopefully manage them again someday. 

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fukkinell Mike i was generally speaking, not meaning specific dates pal xD

What i meant was he wanted a project, a big club he could bring back to life. Hes said numerous times he wouldn't ever manage clubs such as Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern. Just like he admitted being approached by Manchester Utd before joining us and turned it down. 

Did you see the state of the squad he took over at Liverpool? He always wanted the Liverpool job, he's literally said it! 

Yeah I get the project thing and I don't think he'd ever manage any of the already dominant forces you mention. I'm not sure he 'always' wanted the Liverpool job though. The conditions would have to be right from his point of view. Of course, there were similarities with Liverpool and Dortmund around the time he became manager but the club wouldn't have been attractive to a top foreign manager had it been in a similar state to the one Dalglish took over from Hodgson. I think that's TAD's point about the size of the job and managers being put off. 

26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I get the project thing and I don't think he'd ever manage any of the already dominant forces you mention. I'm not sure he 'always' wanted the Liverpool job though. The conditions would have to be right from his point of view. Of course, there were similarities with Liverpool and Dortmund around the time he became manager but the club wouldn't have been attractive to a top foreign manager had it been in a similar state to the one Dalglish took over from Hodgson. I think that's TAD's point about the size of the job and managers being put off. 

I dunno..  the squad he took over was probably worse than the one hodgson left behind.

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dunno..  the squad he took over was probably worse than the one hodgson left behind.

It's debatable but it's not just about the squad. Liverpool had been on the brink of administration in the October and had a new ownership that had no clue about football. They made plenty of mistakes early on because they were learning on the job. I don't think that's attractive to a manager like Klopp at that point

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Going to a club that’s got the infrastructure I turn it around, I’d argue it’s better to go in after an objectively massive failure. You probably afford yourself much more patience by being compared with the shite before you.

Arsenal should probably sack Arteta, but I think they should identify a replacement (or potential replacements first). 

Generally speaking I think you're right, but I think a top manager would want to see some level of success at Arsenal before taking the job. The club's been going backwards for something like 15 years now and 2 manager changes (as well as a number of changes above the manager) have done nothing to turn the tide. Structural issues aren't necessarily a barrier to success, but If I'm a Pochettino or whatever, I'd want to see evidence that a manager can be successful at Arsenal before I stake my reputation on it. The attitude that you can buy yourself time by being better than the shite before you is a terrible attitude for a manager to have, but something that'd fit right in at Arsenal.

As for the question, I obviously don't think Arsenal are going to go down, but as I said on another thread, I do think they're done at the top level. Upper mid table is their future alongside the likes of Everton, Southampton and Wolves. I don't include Leicester in that because I don't think we're far off talking about them in the top six in place of Arsenal. Not many clubs manage to sustain a place in the upper-mid table without eventually getting dragged into a relegation fight one way or another, but Arsenal have the infrastructure to be safe from that I would've thought.

Archived