• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Arsenal Get Relegated This Season?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not fully Wenger's fault, surely?

Him and Gazidis are too blame,  if you look at the squad there are players that are on huge wages that clearly are not good enough, they let Emery down and now they are letting Arteta down.  What club in England has a player at 350K sitting at home doing nothing?  who even would give someone that kind of deal.     Everyone knows Wenger was involved in everything when he was at the club along with Gazidis.   

There has been shit added to squad with Luiz, Willian, Pepe and Cedric but that is down to poor recruitment and also allowing agents to control player transfers due to the people in place now at Arsenal are clueless, but also there is still a huge mess left behind.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Him and Gazidis are too blame,  if you look at the squad there are players that are on huge wages that clearly are not good enough, they let Emery down and now they are letting Arteta down.  What club in England has a player at 350K sitting at home doing nothing?  who even would give someone that kind of deal.     Everyone knows Wenger was involved in everything when he was at the club along with Gazidis.   

There has been shit added to squad with Luiz, Willian, Pepe and Cedric but that is down to poor recruitment and also allowing agents to control player transfers due to the people in place now at Arsenal are clueless, but also there is still a huge mess left behind.

I agree, I don't doubt that there's been a mess left behind. But since Wenger left (3-4 years ago?), there's been so much more that could have been done that hasn't been, or vice versa. Some of that involves massive contracts being offered indeed after Wenger left. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

I agree, I don't doubt that there's been a mess left behind. But since Wenger left (3-4 years ago?), there's been so much more that could have been done that hasn't been, or vice versa. Some of that involves massive contracts being offered indeed after Wenger left. 

Ozil, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Chambers and Elneny are all players bought in by Wenger that are on high wages that the club cannot get rid due to the fact no one wants to them unless they are free!  Plus you have average players still at the club that are just not good enough that make the same mistakes players like Holding, Bellerin and Xhaka. 

You cannot just go in the club and rip out the core of the team as it will have squad unrest but that is exactly what Arteta has done, he tried to offload these players but he found out he is stuck with them until their contracts are run out.  The squad is clearly not happy due to some decisions made by Arteta but I am not sure if he will still be there by the time these players are gone.

• Subscriber

Piers Morgan makes me laugh my arse off, when Wenger was there he ranted and raved that Wenger should be sacked as he was no good for the club yet now he does not admit he put his great big foot in his mouth as Arsenal are now worse off than when Wenger was there!!!!xD

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Piers Morgan makes me laugh my arse off, when Wenger was there he ranted and raved that Wenger should be sacked as he was no good for the club yet now he does not admit he put his great big foot in his mouth as Arsenal are now worse off than when Wenger was there!!!!xD

As I said, it is because of Wenger the team is in a mess due to not been able to get rid of these shitty players he bought on high wages and long contracts.   Plus Wenger didnt want the club to have people above him like a director of football etc, since he has gone Arsenal have put this in to place but are about 10 years behind other clubs, so they are catching up on how this structure actually works.   They really need to appoint someone who has set this up at a current club who has experience but they appointed Edu again who is inexperienced and has no experience working in Europe. This is down to people making the decisions in the club who seem inexperienced themselves and Naive. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know its trendy to blame Wenger for everything but player wages and length of contracts? Come on ffs, thats absolutely nothing to do with him.

Especially with all the ones that have been done since he left :what:

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Especially with all the ones that have been done since he left :what:

Which ones were done since he left out of those players?  those players I mentioned are out of contract next year so they still had contacts given to them when Wenger was there.

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know its trendy to blame Wenger for everything but player wages and length of contracts? Come on ffs, thats absolutely nothing to do with him.

Wenger was part of the players contract negotiations, he even talks about it in his book.   I am just pointing out that there is still of shit left behind that the club cannot get rid, their contracts run out at the end of this season which were players at the club that were signed by Wenger.  Wenger had a history of this though  that a lot of players were sitting around the club doing nothing on high wages and only left when their contracts ran out.

• Administrator

Which ones were done since he left out of those players?  those players I mentioned are out of contract next year so they still had contacts given to them when Wenger was there.

Luiz extended this summer
Aubameyang given an extension a few months ago (and now he seems to be just raking it in with average performances - not Wenger's fault)
Willian signed on big wages - you are effectively getting Chelsea's cast-offs while they get better players in
Sokratis was signed after Wenger left

My point is that things can't solely be blamed on Wenger any more when the club has had a decent amount of time to improve on whatever he did do wrong. I agreed about the recruitment being poor but how can that be down to Wenger since he's left? How can any contract extensions/purchases since Wenger left be down to him?

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Luiz extended this summer
Aubameyang given an extension a few months ago (and now he seems to be just raking it in with average performances - not Wenger's fault)
Willian signed on big wages - you are effectively getting Chelsea's cast-offs while they get better players in
Sokratis was signed after Wenger left

My point is that things can't solely be blamed on Wenger any more when the club has had a decent amount of time to improve on whatever he did do wrong. I agreed about the recruitment being poor but how can that be down to Wenger since he's left? How can any contract extensions/purchases since Wenger left be down to him?

You are not getting the point are you! the core of the squad are still there and are out of contract next year as we cannot get rid of them! what squad has about 10 players out of contract next summer?   We even had to pay Mkhitaryan this season to get his 200k a week off the wage bill, another Wenger deal.

I already said that players were not good enough who were bought in as the recruitment has been awful! Arsenal have only have only moved in to the modern way of running a football club in the last 2 and half years, so they need to actually appoint someone who has experience of putting this together but they didn't and done it all in house.  The whole club from top to bottom is a mess. 

• Administrator

You are not getting the point are you! the core of the squad are still there and are out of contract next year as we cannot get rid of them! what squad has about 10 players out of contract next summer?   We even had to pay Mkhitaryan this season to get his 200k a week off the wage bill, another Wenger deal.

I already said that players were not good enough who were bought in as the recruitment has been awful! Arsenal have only have only moved in to the modern way of running a football club in the last 2 and half years, so they need to actually appoint someone who has experience of putting this together but they didn't and done it all in house.  The whole club from top to bottom is a mess. 

That bit I will agree with.

3 hours ago, Panna King said:

Mkhitaryan has almost as many goal involvements this season as... Arsenal xD

Honest question, have Arsenal actually made any good signings after Wenger left? My assumption is no, given how Arsenal just look progressively worse as time goes on.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mkhitaryan has almost as many goal involvements this season as... Arsenal xD

Honest question, have Arsenal actually made any good signings after Wenger left? My assumption is no, given how Arsenal just look progressively worse as time goes on.

They are struggling to bring a number of good players in due to the wages.  Once Arsenal clear alot out next season from the squad they should be able to bring in better quality. 

7 minutes ago, Panna King said:

They are struggling to bring a number of good players in due to the wages.  Once Arsenal clear alot out next season from the squad they should be able to bring in better quality. 

Not sure I trust Edu & Joorabchian to bring in quality to Arsenal.

This whole ‘player quality’ argument makes me laugh. Genuinely. Player for player, Arsenal are not a 15th placed club. 

Arsenal win the FA Cup - All Arteta 

Arsenal not being able to beat English opposition since November 1st - The players are shit. 

Even when Arsenal were on a high under Arteta late last season, the underlying metrics were still there and proved to be unsustainable. Expected goals and chances created legitimately decreased week by week since Arteta was appointed. Now they are at a point where it doesn’t exist  (open goals) and the only thing they had going isn’t working for them (conservative mindset). 

It’s amazing how Aubameyang saving them last season completely pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes on how bang average Arteta is. Just a poor man’s DiMatteo. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not sure I trust Edu & Joorabchian to bring in quality to Arsenal.

Get Edu out and give the keys to Marc Overmars, Rolf Rangnick or Luis Campos. This should be the first move.

Arsenal has so much potential. They have a really good academy, a huge fanbase and in their current squad they have 4 or 5 quality players that you can build around. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

This whole ‘player quality’ argument makes me laugh. Genuinely. Player for player, Arsenal are not a 15th placed club. 

Arsenal win the FA Cup - All Arteta 

Arsenal not being able to beat English opposition since November 1st - The players are shit. 

Even when Arsenal were on a high under Arteta late last season, the underlying metrics were still there and proved to be unsustainable. Expected goals and chances created legitimately decreased week by week since Arteta was appointed. Now they are at a point where it doesn’t exist  (open goals) and the only thing they had going isn’t working for them (conservative mindset). 

It’s amazing how Aubameyang saving them last season completely pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes on how bang average Arteta is. Just a poor man’s DiMatteo. 

Well Arsenal need to shift out Ozil asap to bring in a attacking midfielder. 

you cant sign and start players like david luis and expect to be a good team. the man id the worst defender in history and before anyone asks i do remember a twat called alberto moreno who is in fact the 2nd worst defender in history. 

Archived