talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 3-0 Leeds - Saturday 2nd January, 2021

football forums

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Funnily enough I missed the header so don't know how good or bad a chance it was xD 

It's quite clear to see each game Bamford gets a lot of chances, some more decent than others. As you say it's the amount of chances they create you'd still expect more goals perhaps? As @Lucas and @Bluebird Hewitt point out, a more clinical striker means this debate wouldn't even be had. 

Maybe, but would a more clinical striker get the chances Bamford does? I think he's just one of those players who are easier to create chances for because of his all around game. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many you miss, it's how many you score, and for a newly promoted side, your striker being on 10 goals on New Years Day is a very good return.

With Leeds having scored the 4th most goals in the league but conceded the second most (and loads more than the teams around them), I really don't think we should be talking about Bamford as the problem.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Maybe, but would a more clinical striker get the chances Bamford does? I think he's just one of those players who are easier to create chances for because of his all around game. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many you miss, it's how many you score, and for a newly promoted side, your striker being on 10 goals on New Years Day is a very good return.

With Leeds having scored the 4th most goals in the league but conceded the second most (and loads more than the teams around them), I really don't think we should be talking about Bamford as the problem.

Well, he's not the only problem put it that way. A more clinical striker definitely does get the chances Bamford does. A clinical striker gets in the same positions but finds the back of the net more regularly. I do agree 10 goals from Bamford at this stage of the season is very good. The misses are highlighted more when the team doesn't score in a game though, especially if the game is still to be contested and not a done thing when the side is 3-0 down etc.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived