The better place to talk football.

West Brom 0-4 Arsenal - Saturday 2nd January, 2021

football forums

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Bilic will have a bit of a smile on his face wont he?

They weren't this bad under him, not sure they'd have conceded 9 in the last two games under him although I suppose you never know.

They also might not have got a draw at Liverpool either.

• Subscriber
On 02/01/2021 at 21:22, RandoEFC said:

These are down aren't they? Complete fluke getting that point at Anfield. Allardyce has pulled off greater escapes but can this team scrape together more points than two of Brighton, Fulham, Burnley, etc? I doubt it.

I'm not sure he has. Unless there's something very obvious this would be probably his best for me. Their squad is absolutely abysmal.

They aren't down yet, the Allardyce factor is usually some work in January to fix things, can't write them off until we see who he brings in. If there was no window though I'd be pretty confident in saying this was the club that sinks him. They look truly hopeless. It defies logic that they've recently avoided defeat at Liverpool and Man City. I think they're worse than Sheffield United.

17 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm not sure he has. Unless there's something very obvious this would be probably his best for me. Their squad is absolutely abysmal.

They aren't down yet, the Allardyce factor is usually some work in January to fix things, can't write them off until we see who he brings in. If there was no window though I'd be pretty confident in saying this was the club that sinks him. They look truly hopeless. It defies logic that they've recently avoided defeat at Liverpool and Man City. I think they're worse than Sheffield United.

Idk, I always a fancy that team that swings from decent to disastrous, over a team which always sort of competes and puts in a bit of graft, but is incapable of mustering the tiny of bit of quality to actually convert any of those efforts into wins.

• Subscriber
On 04/01/2021 at 22:22, Inverted said:

Idk, I always a fancy that team that swings from decent to disastrous, over a team which always sort of competes and puts in a bit of graft, but is incapable of mustering the tiny of bit of quality to actually convert any of those efforts into wins.

I just can't get the game where the two met out of my head - Sheffield United should've won the game by at least 3 goals and they somehow lost it. If they had won it, they would be 19th. From the games I've watched, I have been more impressed by Sheffield United.

West Brom have been dire. Their squad is shocking. I do give them a fighting chance with Allardyce though. Sheffield United's gap just feels that bit much now. It'll probably take about 35 to stay up this year - I cannot see that squad getting 33 points. It's one thing making the gap up, but then pulling away again is another thing in itself.

West Brom for me depends entirely on who they bring in this month.

Archived