talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 1-3 Liverpool - Sunday 31st January, 2021

football forums

Just now, N U F C said:

I'd be interested to see that stats but I'm fairly sure zonal-marking sides will let more in from set pieces.

I don't think they do. It's just not mentioned when sides concede from man marking because zonal was originally more of a continental thing

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

But the defenders just have to attack the ball in their zone. It probably has to be more well drilled but it's no worse than man marking. Neither are without fault.

I hated this debate 10 years ago and it still winds me up now.

I think it's worse than man marking but happy to agree to disagree :twothumbsup:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

It's dangerous play in my opinion. The excuse of 'going for the ball' doesn't wash with me. They may have done, but they missed it. And kicked a player in the head xD 

What pisses me off that you get one ref sending off Mane and not even a yellow for that today.

It's either dangerous play or it isn't ffs.:(

Going all TAD here but funny how there were no comments for that challenge on Origi (I think?) by the West Ham lad. Mane went into a similar challenge last week against United and won the ball quite cleanly but there were people saying he got away with a redxD

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Going all TAD here but funny how there were no comments for that challenge on Origi (I think?) by the West Ham lad. Mane went into a similar challenge last week against United and won the ball quite cleanly but there were people saying he got away with a redxD

I didn't see the whole game and of the 2nd half, it was on in the background.

47 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Genuinely not even seen it mate,  but will take a look if they show it later. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived