talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-0 West Ham - Sunday 14th March, 2021

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 19.15

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png      VS     1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Recent Form
Man Utd - DWDDD
West Ham - WLWWL

Last 3 Meetings
09/02/2021 - Man Utd 1-0 West Ham (FA Cup)
05/12/2020 - West Ham 1-3 Man Utd
22/07/2020 - Man Utd 1-1 West Ham

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

This should be good, I can only assume that West Ham will attack,  leaving them open to the counter.

Nothing worse than watching United try to break down a team who park the bus from the start.

Brutal.

Lingard has really hit the ground running for them. It's like he's the signing they wanted Benrahma to be so perhaps the PL experience helped them there. Seems to give them an extra edge in attack in supporting Antonio. So I think they'll miss him badly here. 

• Subscriber

I don't miss Lingard but he may just come back and haunt us, give Moyes his due he has taken a lot of stick over the years and the Hammers gave him the boot when he saved them from relegation then took him back again and look at them now.

• Administrator
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

I don't miss Lingard but he may just come back and haunt us, give Moyes his due he has taken a lot of stick over the years and the Hammers gave him the boot when he saved them from relegation then took him back again and look at them now.

He's not playing John.

38 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

This should be good, I can only assume that West Ham will attack,  leaving them open to the counter.

Nothing worse than watching United try to break down a team who park the bus from the start.

Brutal.

Thats exactly why Moyes will do just that and hope to catch us on the counter attack. 

Fully expecting a tight game if I'm honest. 

Not sure if Antonio is fit but I'd rather he be out because he's a nightmare to defend against. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Lingard has really hit the ground running for them. It's like he's the signing they wanted Benrahma to be so perhaps the PL experience helped them there. Seems to give them an extra edge in attack in supporting Antonio. So I think they'll miss him badly here. 

Surely United would have a clause in the loan contract to prevent him playing against us? Although I know Dalot did the other night.

46 minutes ago, Devil said:

Thats exactly why Moyes will do just that and hope to catch us on the counter attack. 

Fully expecting a tight game if I'm honest. 

Not sure if Antonio is fit but I'd rather he be out because he's a nightmare to defend against. 

Thats my worry, though I'm still optimistic they will attack us.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Surely United would have a clause in the loan contract to prevent him playing against us? Although I know Dalot did the other night.

Did you read the last sentence :what:

Daniel James is basically like playing with ten men, am I alone in wondering how he's all of a sudden back in our main eleven.

Dull again this, we need more creativity, Bruno can't do it all alone. 

Sancho in the summer, give us another option. 

3 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Was hoping for more from West Ham, this is Brutal 

Told you, Moyes will have watched us and known were clueless against a deep backline. West Ham planned this system today, no doubt in my mind. 

Fully expect them to starting hitting us on the break second half. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Told you, Moyes will have watched us and known were clueless against a deep backline. West Ham planned this system today, no doubt in my mind. 

Fully expect them to starting hitting us on the break second half. 

Yep, you called it, I thought they might have a go based on their season so far.

Sadly not.

Archived