talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Annual Next Everton Manager Thread - Rafa Benitez Hired

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It has been quietly acknowledged in some quarters, and now that he's been appointed I've seen some of our prominent fan accounts on Twitter beginning the positive PR push using exactly this.

It's one of the reasons he's so loved by Reds isn't it? Seems to have gone above and beyond to provide support for a cause that happened long before he was associated with the club and the city.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I thought considering the work Rafa has done in the city with the Hillsborough families especially that he'd get a bit more of a pass

His Mrs does loads for charities on Merseyside as well

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

His Mrs does loads for charities on Merseyside as well

I feel like come the anniversary of the tragedy Everton fans will probably open up to him more as he'll most likely carry out a nice gesture

It just looks a bit weird, doesn’t it? 

Arguably, Benitez has made some strange choices managerially. He was never liked at Chelsea and didn’t last, he went in to Newcastle and I don’t believe he didn’t know what they were like as a club, a spell in China where it’s just essentially a great boost to his retirement fund and now going to Everton, where he’s not ever likely to be universally accepted and working under Moshiri, who has made some questionable appointments in his tenure. I suppose once you get into a certain cycle, it’s harder to change perception.

Archived