talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Finland 0-1 Russia - Wednesday 16th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it 3 or 4 times and I'll say it again.

Extend the Euro's and you'll get games like this. Comes with the territory.

Should have stayed with the 16 team 4 group format only.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

Again, this isn't the worst game played, but on the lower end when it comes to talent available between the two sides.

It's like being mad that you're watching a boring EPL match, but not taking into effect that you're also watching Norwich and West Brom. xD

Yeah, it definitely wasn't the worst game played so far. It wasn't even shit as some people are suggesting, it's the usual thing with some people going over the top with their analysis. Obviously this match was not on the level of the France v Germany match for example, but it was still entertaining. Pohjanpalo has been Finland's standout player for me so far in this tournament. He scored the winner with a lovely header against Germany and he was so unlucky to be fractionally offside when he found the net again today with another good headed effort against the Russians.

Russia controlled this match for long spells and created chances, but the Finns always looked dangerous on the counter attack. Russia's defence does look shaky to me and the better sides in this tournament will take advantage of this weakness. It will be interesting to see how Russia perform against a Denmark team minus Eriksen in their final match.

Miranchuk scored a lovely goal today and I think both he and Golovin as the creative forces of the side, need to play to their best if Russia are to shock some of the better sides in this competition. Dzyuba is a real physical presence upfront for them, but he does really need to be more accurate with his finishing. If I was in Cherchesov's position though, the defence would be my main worry with this team.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived