talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Finland 0-1 Russia - Wednesday 16th June, 2021

football forum

• The title was changed to (Group B) - Finland 0-1 Russia - Wednesday 16th June, 2021
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Has there been a worse game of football so far in this tournament than this? Mistakes everywhere and Russia are afraid to shoot 

Have you even watched the game? It's been intense, much better than Spain vs Sweden

Just now, montybhopa said:

Have you even watched the game? It's been intense, much better than Spain vs Sweden

Yes, it’s end to end with nearly zero quality other than the goal. Mis-hit passes everywhere, dribbling into opposition players needlessly, Russia’s CF just standing there. Quality of the game has been terrible even if it has been end to end 

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

Good half from Russia. Obviously a must win if they are going to proceed, and so far they are looking decent enough to be ahead.

I expected more. The goal was the best bit of quality by a mile. Other than that they hadn't done much and were lucky Finland haven't been better to capitalise on the sloppiness and mistakes in defence. 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yes, it’s end to end with nearly zero quality other than the goal. Mis-hit passes everywhere, dribbling into opposition players needlessly, Russia’s CF just standing there. Quality of the game has been terrible even if it has been end to end 

So? Yesterday we had two teams with players of high quality yet the match was average. The quality might be low here but at least its entertaining

1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

So? Yesterday we had two teams with players of high quality yet the match was average. The quality might be low here but at least its entertaining

Not sure why you’ve taken this personally xD I’m pointing out the very obvious lack of quality in this match

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I expected more. The goal was the best bit of quality by a mile. Other than that they hadn't done much and were lucky Finland haven't been better to capitalise on the sloppiness and mistakes in defence. 

Russia still has a lack of playmakers. Dzyuba is great on his day, but he doesn't create. Not a lot of true play makers for Russia right now, so really if the game is closed off, games tend to be boring.

No joke, Arshavin was the greatest Russian playmaker over a couple of generations, but since those days, there has been good games by players, but no one player has had the ability to skillfully take over the game time and time again.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Russia still has a lack of playmakers. Dzyuba is great on his day, but he doesn't create. Not a lot of true play makers for Russia right now, so really if the game is closed off, games tend to be boring.

No joke, Arshavin was the greatest Russian playmaker over a couple of generations, but since those days, there has been good games by players, but no one player has had the ability to skillfully take over the game time and time again.

Golovin isn't bad but he comes across a one man band in a team full of average players. 

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not sure why you’ve taken this personally xD I’m pointing out the very obvious lack of quality in this match

Because your shitting on the match without any reason. Lack of quality means nothing if its a good watch.

5 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Because your shitting on the match without any reason. Lack of quality means nothing if its a good watch.

I’ve got a reason, there is very little quality and it has been baffling to watch at times 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

Golovin isn't bad but he comes across a one man band in a team full of average players. 

Cheryshev had a decent WC2018 if I remember correctly. Golovin was meant to be the 'next best' for Russia but even his good performances at Monaco seems to have fizzled out (injury-impacted, so can give him the benefit of the doubt). 

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

I’ve got a reason, there is very little quality and it has been baffling to watch at times 

Baffling?

It's a football match, not a Sudoku xD 

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

Baffling?

It's a football match, not a Sudoku xD 

Mate I can’t count the amount of times Russia have had a man forward on the wing and they have passed behind him instead of to or ahead of, completely fucks up the flow of the attack...so yeah baffling lol

Just now, Danny said:

Mate I can’t count the amount of times Russia have had a man forward on the wing and they have passed behind him instead of to or ahead of, completely fucks up the flow of the attack...so yeah baffling lol

There have been much worse games already this tournament, and between teams with greater talent, I"m not sure what you were expecting to see today. xD

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

There have been much worse games already this tournament, and between teams with greater talent, I"m not sure what you were expecting to see today. xD

European Championships

Just now, Danny said:

European Championships

Again, this isn't the worst game played, but on the lower end when it comes to talent available between the two sides.

It's like being mad that you're watching a boring EPL match, but not taking into effect that you're also watching Norwich and West Brom. xD

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

Again, this isn't the worst game played, but on the lower end when it comes to talent available between the two sides.

It's like being mad that you're watching a boring EPL match, but not taking into effect that you're also watching Norwich and West Brom. xD

No, this is a European Championship and there shouldn’t be a number of teams not normally good enough to be here just because UEFA want more TV money. The quality overall has been so bad in this game, and I’m not complaining, just pointing out a fact. Baffled as to why people are upset over reading a fact xD

I am also aware both teams finished 2nd in qualifying, but still it was a very poor game

• The topic was unpinned

Archived