20/09/2020 - Newcastle 0-3 Brighton
20/07/2020 - Brighton 0-0 Newcastle

Recent Form
Brighton - DLLDD
Newcastle - LDLLD

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like Howe would be in the stands and not the dugout. We will be able to tell who is in charge by the line up. Graeme Jones with his bus parking line up that no fan would pick is the give away.

I feel highly stressed about the lack of dugout competence. It's compounded by not having won a game. Each game that comes now ends up bigger than the last. We just need to get going. We need a win, we need to move forward ASAP. 

I expect Brighton to have North of 70% possession here.

1 hour ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Seems like Howe would be in the stands and not the dugout. We will be able to tell who is in charge by the line up. Graeme Jones with his bus parking line up that no fan would pick is the give away.

I feel highly stressed about the lack of dugout competence. It's compounded by not having won a game. Each game that comes now ends up bigger than the last. We just need to get going. We need a win, we need to move forward ASAP. 

I expect Brighton to have North of 70% possession here.

I thought the initial impression with Jones was that he was a fairly savvy coach and performances picked up when he arrived last season?

Not a fan of 5-4-1 bus parking but maybe his assessment of the team's capabilities as it stands is just so negative that he figures the best he can do is avoid any batterings until the new manager arrives.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I thought the initial impression with Jones was that he was a fairly savvy coach and performances picked up when he arrived last season?

Not a fan of 5-4-1 bus parking but maybe his assessment of the team's capabilities as it stands is just so negative that he figures the best he can do is avoid any batterings until the new manager arrives.

I'm sure it is deliberate to play this way in this situation. I bet he hoped it would work so he'd get the job. I mean, he had to try something different right.

When he came in last season our possession stats picked up. We looked much better. That was said even by Bruce I think to be why he was there and what he was working on.

Since taking over from Bruce the change he has made is to decide that because our defending is so bad we are going to give up possession and attacking. 

He continues to pick players like Longstaff who are long due to be dropped. He won't bring Schar back in, he opts to play Ryan Fraser in Central midfield. He has dropped Willock and Almiron. Saint Maximim has gone backwards in this formation.

13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So you have to win to go above norwich O.o

@The Premier Steve's

:4_joy: a new low

We've made some changes so maybe it will pay off. Jones has obviously heard the criticism about bus parking and brought some more attacking players in. However, in doing so he's dropped arguably our most in form defender :4_joy: 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Crap decision. How do refs not see that extra movement of Trossard? Replay was 1 second short.

Thought that was odd that when the ref went over they only showed him the contact and not the part where he was fine and threw himself to the floor.

Shame as we started alright. 

If I was Eddie Howe I'd get down in the dressing room now. No time to lose. This team has lost its way. Mentally they're getting worse and worse. This is peak bad. Massive must win games coming up and we look mentally shot. 

They need to regroup and rally now. This next 45 will tell us a lot about their character. Does this lot think it'll all be fine once a manager is in place and January comes or something?

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Thought that was odd that when the ref went over they only showed him the contact and not the part where he was fine and threw himself to the floor.

Shame as we started alright. 

A flaw in how the monitor is used when decisions go to VAR. Why not show the fall to the ground as well? Literally part of the process of a ref making a decision surely.

• The title was changed to Brighton 1-1 Newcastle - Saturday 6th November, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived