Northern Ireland vs Italy, 19.45
Switzerland vs Bulgaria, 19.45

image.png

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Absolute scenes. Imagine Portugal vs Italy in the playoffs? Make it happen!

It can't. 

EDIT: ignore me. They can meet in the final. Not the playoffs like they used to be! 

13 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Should be a hell of a play offs, even better if the Netherlands drop into them.

Netherlands group is a three way race. Norway turkey also in the mix.  With Netherlands playing Norway in the final match. If haaland is playing and has a game for the ages and a turkey win, Netherlands could miss out entirely.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Netherlands group is a three way race. Norway turkey also in the mix.  With Netherlands playing Norway in the final match. If haaland is playing and has a game for the ages and a turkey win, Netherlands could miss out entirely.

Haaland is injured I think. 

13 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Italy haven't been great since the euros. It couldn't happen again could it ??

Italy tied games (after 90) in the euros vs Spain and England and even  Austria 

yes they had a great game v Swiss in the group stage. 
perhaps the squad is running low playing high quality and tempo for a while coupled with domestic competitions. 
keep in mind juventus is mid table in the serie A.  Usually a large crop of national players come from there. 

2 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Italy tied games (after 90) in the euros vs Spain and England and even  Austria 

yes they had a great game v Swiss in the group stage. 
perhaps the squad is running low playing high quality and tempo for a while coupled with domestic competitions. 
keep in mind juventus is mid table in the serie A.  Usually a large crop of national players come from there. 

They were very good against Belgium and turkey as well. Personally I think teams are mentally and physically pushed to their limits to win trophies. Once they have won one I think they don't have the mental energy to play at the same level. They  are maybe playing at 95%  which might not  sound like much less but is enough to make a huge difference. Unless you have ridiculous quality like Spain on 2008 to 2012 it's very hard to win multiple trophies at international level I think 

Archived