talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ralf Rangnick - Set to become Interim Manager at Manchester United

• Subscriber

Man Utd's recruitment hadn't really improved because they continued to go for positions they were already strong in while neglecting the weaknesses - mainly the midfield.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides recruiting in the wrong positions, I also just don't really see what's impressive about United's recruitment.

Sancho was possibly the most hyped and highly-regarded young creative player in the world. Varane is universally regarded as one of the best CBs the world. Ronaldo is Ronaldo.

All of their recruitment is the kind of thing that could have been done without a scouting/recruitment team, because the players they've gone for are just obviously good.  

This fella seems like a 'no bullshit' type which is what I think they need. Not sure they have the quality to compete at the top in the next couple of years*, I actually think their squad is quite poor in relation to what they've spent. Thing is, they have the clout to go and buy every year until they are at the top again. 

*though I wouldn't rule out something surprising in the Champions League. Lesser teams can win it because, ultimately, it is a cup competition.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

This fella seems like a 'no bullshit' type which is what I think they need. Not sure they have the quality to compete at the top in the next couple of years*, I actually think their squad is quite poor in relation to what they've spent. Thing is, they have the clout to go and buy every year until they are at the top again. 

*though I wouldn't rule out something surprising in the Champions League. Lesser teams can win it because, ultimately, it is a cup competition.

Do you think he's attractive? I know other men's looks is of great importance to you. 

I think Rangnick knows that he isn’t well known or sincerely rated by mainstream opinion in Britain, and he also knows that his reputation with the kind of people who matter to him won’t change, even if things don’t work out at United. 

So, he has nothing to lose really. And nothing in particular to prove. I don’t think there’s anything at United, be it the history, the personalities or the media pressure, which will really have any influence on the decisions he makes. 

Archived