Villeneuve To Adapt "Rendezvous With Rama"

football forum

• The title was changed to Villeneuve To Adapt "Rendezvous With Rama"
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

Never heard of it, but if he’s directing it then I am interested. 

One of the best all-time science fiction novels, written by Arthur C. Clarke. Won all biggest sci-fi literature awards. 

Short summary:

At first, only a few things are known about the celestial object that astronomers dub Rama. It is huge, weighing more than ten trillion tons. And it is hurtling through the solar system at an inconceivable speed. Then a space probe confirms the unthinkable: Rama is no natural object. It is, incredibly, an interstellar spacecraft. Space explorers and planet-bound scientists alike prepare for mankind's first encounter with alien intelligence. It will kindle their wildest dreams... and fan their darkest fears. For no one knows who the Ramans are or why they have come. And now the moment of rendezvous awaits — just behind a Raman airlock door.

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I was very confused at first as to why Jacques Villeneuve is making movies now. 

Sounds good. I love almost all Denis Villeneuve movies so far. 

Thank god it's F1 off-season xD 

I loved Arrival, liked Blade Runner 2049, and was very happy with his Dune adaptation - so for me it looks like he's got a great track record of making sci-fi movies, which makes me even more excited for this adaptation!

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thank god it's F1 off-season xD 

I loved Arrival, liked Blade Runner 2049, and was very happy with his Dune adaptation - so for me it looks like he's got a great track record of making sci-fi movies, which makes me even more excited for this adaptation!

Oooh you haven't seen Enemy? I loved that one!

And Prisoners to me is one of the best films of the last decade. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oooh you haven't seen Enemy? I loved that one!

And Prisoners to me is one of the best films of the last decade. 

I remember you recommending Prisoners to me at some point. Truth is, these days I watch very few movies outside of sci-fi realm... xD 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I remember you recommending Prisoners to me at some point. Truth is, these days I watch very few movies outside of sci-fi realm... xD 

Prisoners is amazing though. So much symbolism, some of the best acting... Jake Gyllenhaal plays one of my favourite movie characters of all time in this. 

I do need to watch Dune. I've been meaning to watch it for two weeks now. 😬

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Prisoners is amazing though. So much symbolism, some of the best acting... Jake Gyllenhaal plays one of my favourite movie characters of all time in this. 

I do need to watch Dune. I've been meaning to watch it for two weeks now. 😬

Oh I believe you, it's just that I usually want my movies to be an escape from reality these days, with very few exceptions xD I used to watch all those "deep", symbolic, clever movies in the past, but really can't be bothered to in recent years 😅

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Isn't that what movies are for in general? 🤔

Yeah, for sure - but I prefer escaping to some imaginative, speculative, different worlds with unusual characters rather than just watch people like us live through real-life events in an ordinary world resembling ours 😅

57 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, for sure - but I prefer escaping to some imaginative, speculative, different worlds with unusual characters rather than just watch people like us live through real-life events in an ordinary world resembling ours 😅

Archived