• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-3 Brentford - Sunday 15th May, 2022

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

everton.PNG       VS     1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
05/02/2022 - Everton 4-1 Brentford (FA Cup)
28/11/2021 - Brentford 1-0 Everton
Brentford p1-1 Everton (EFL Cup)

Recent Form
Everton - DWWLD
Brentford - WLDWW

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to call this. Brentford certainly haven't shown 'on the beach' form since being safe but I can't see them giving an extra 10% in a game that could benefit Leeds.

A side of me hopes Everton gets the win that gets them safe here and they down tool for the match on Thursday.

20 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Hard to call this. Brentford certainly haven't shown 'on the beach' form since being safe but I can't see them giving an extra 10% in a game that could benefit Leeds.

A side of me hopes Everton gets the win that gets them safe here and they down tool for the match on Thursday.

If we harbour any feeling for Leeds, if there’s any, it’s the “mind the gap” comments when they went up.

Ultimately though our team and coaching staff prides itself on professionalism all the time so don’t expect us to go on holiday

• Subscriber

A few changes for us. Keane ill and Delph injured. Branthwaite starts in central defence. Surprisingly Gomes gets the nod in midfield ahead of Allan. Calvert-Lewin replaces Gray in the front three with Richarlison moving out wide.

I assume we'll still see Iwobi in the right wing back role and Coleman in a back three.

I’ll be honest I don’t think the shirt pull is a pen, both were stationary and it didn’t actually impede their player, didn’t pull him away, didn’t stop him from getting the ball. If you give a foul specifically for pulling a shirt then I guess that’s a different story but the footage is clear in very little impeding of their forward actually happened 

• Subscriber

So now I've seen the incidents in full (I missed the start of the game).

It's a penalty on Richarlison. He has a hold of his shirt for several seconds. Costs us a probable 2-0 lead and a red card.

Still think the one that actually got given was on the soft side as Richarlison wasn't getting to the ball. Still doesn't even it out for me though. One goal lead and a man down instead of a two goal lead with eleven men.

At least the latter decision qwells the conspiracy theory angle and just proves that the officials are absolutely fucking useless in this league.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So now I've seen the incidents in full (I missed the start of the game).

It's a penalty on Richarlison. He has a hold of his shirt for several seconds. Costs us a probable 2-0 lead and a red card.

Still think the one that actually got given was on the soft side as Richarlison wasn't getting to the ball. Still doesn't even it out for me though. One goal lead and a man down instead of a two goal lead with eleven men.

At least the latter decision qwells the conspiracy theory angle and just proves that the officials are absolutely fucking useless in this league.

He wasn’t being held back though, hence no foul. From what I’ve read you don’t specifically get a foul for holding a players shirt, only pulling them by it. Richarlison was never pulled in any direction

Archived