talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-3 Brentford - Sunday 15th May, 2022

• Subscriber

I'm still annoyed about yesterday to be honest. You have to try and accept this stuff comes with the territory of the Premier League these days and it happens throughout the season, but it's just so jarring for a game to swing on the whim of the officials so drastically when a win means guaranteed safety and a defeat means that relegation is still possible. It's one thing to get over the incident itself but it really is a bit mad how clear mistakes from a referee and his VAR helper can change the fate of a football club by that much and it barely even gets spoken about once the match day coverage is over. They'll absolutely obsess over marginal incidents in games that involve "big teams" and then when you get howlers between the "little teams" nobody really cares. It doesn't escape my attention either that with the Rodri incident, the coverage carried on for about 48 hours more because it potentially impacted upon the top few positions. I know it's inevitable but it's pretty glaring how little effort the media puts into these days to even pretending to care about the other 14 teams in the league.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm still annoyed about yesterday to be honest. You have to try and accept this stuff comes with the territory of the Premier League these days and it happens throughout the season, but it's just so jarring for a game to swing on the whim of the officials so drastically when a win means guaranteed safety and a defeat means that relegation is still possible. It's one thing to get over the incident itself but it really is a bit mad how clear mistakes from a referee and his VAR helper can change the fate of a football club by that much and it barely even gets spoken about once the match day coverage is over. They'll absolutely obsess over marginal incidents in games that involve "big teams" and then when you get howlers between the "little teams" nobody really cares. It doesn't escape my attention either that with the Rodri incident, the coverage carried on for about 48 hours more because it potentially impacted upon the top few positions. I know it's inevitable but it's pretty glaring how little effort the media puts into these days to even pretending to care about the other 14 teams in the league.

I remember watching an early kick off of ours on Sky and they spent the whole build up talking about a top 4 side who were playing later on in the evening. It’s mental

• Administrator

What did Rondon get sent off for? 

Haven't seen his red yet but saw it was a straight red? Not really what you want for a manager to bring a player on to make a difference. But not that kind of difference... 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Haven't seen his red yet but saw it was a straight red? Not really what you want for a manager to bring a player on to make a difference. But not that kind of difference... 

straight red for diving in studs up, it wasn't horrible but rules are rules.   

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Studs up into Henry’s shin, fortunately Henry’s toes were nearly off the ground so his foot wasn’t planted to the floor, had it of been it’s an easy leg breaker. But with that said a “strikers challenge”, nothing malicious just stupid

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Studs up into Henry’s shin, fortunately Henry’s toes were nearly off the ground so his foot wasn’t planted to the floor, had it of been it’s an easy leg breaker. But with that said a “strikers challenge”, nothing malicious just stupid

It was made to look worse because he did that stupid flying sit position thing,  it was not as bad as Josh DaSilva on Matthew Targett. 

45 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It was made to look worse because he did that stupid flying sit position thing,  it was not as bad as Josh DaSilva on Matthew Targett. 

It was what it was, an uncontrolled lunge that went studs up through the shin of our player. Fortunately no one got hurt. Not sure why you've brought up a foul from another game though. 

• The title was changed to Everton 2-3 Brentford - Sunday 15th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived