talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel Farke announced as new Borussia Mönchengladbach coach

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Literally know nothing about him. What kind of football do his teams tend to play?

From what I've seen in England he plays typical German attack football. He took Norwich to the Prem twice but they didn't have the quality to stay up either time and finished bottom. They were far and away the best team in the Championship when they got relegated so they kept bouncing between leagues. Does really well on a small budget, imo. Pretty much did everything he could for Norwich given the circumstances. I'm looking forward to seeing him at a club with more resources.

Also want to add that he didn't compromise by parking the bus like most bottom third teams in the Prem. He tried to play, which contributed to his downfall. I think they conceded the most goals in the league both years. He fits the Gladbach profile of heavy metal fussball.

7 minutes ago, Coma said:

Also want to add that he didn't compromise by parking the bus like most bottom third teams in the Prem. He tried to play, which contributed to his downfall. I think they conceded the most goals in the league both years. He fits the Gladbach profile of heavy metal fussball.

What does he didn't compromise mean? Was he principled or stubborn?

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

What does he didn't compromise mean? Was he principled or stubborn?:ph34r:

Yeah I guess it depends on how you look at it. Personally I'd rather see a team come out and try to play. Don't ask me about formations or tactics...I just know pretty football when I see it.

I'm just scrolling through Norwich Twitter right now and I'd say the majority of the comments about him are positive. Fans wishing him luck and congratulating BMG. 

A couple "experts" saying this job is too big for him. We'll see.

Archived