talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Hickey - Moves to Brentford

Nothing exactly new but The Athletic re-reporting that both Brentford and Arsenal are in for Hickey as he is expected to leave Bolonga this Summer. Both clubs would appreciate that he can play both at left back and at right back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Looks like he’s the right back we’re after

Hickey would be a great purchase for either club. Bayern Munich and Man City weren't seriously interested in him for no reason. His performances for Bologna last season were impressive and I think that he would be an excellent signing for Brentford.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Hickey would be a great purchase for either club. Bayern Munich and Man City weren't seriously interested in him for no reason. His performances for Bologna last season were impressive and I think that he would be an excellent signing for Brentford.

I haven't seen him play so really can't make a judgement on him, but we are crying out for a dependable right wing back in the way we have Rico Henry at left wing back. And if he can also play at left back to provide cover for Henry on that side then that is a bonus too

On 10/06/2022 at 15:27, Danny said:

I haven't seen him play so really can't make a judgement on him, but we are crying out for a dependable right wing back in the way we have Rico Henry at left wing back. And if he can also play at left back to provide cover for Henry on that side then that is a bonus too

He's mainly played at left wing back for Bologna. Only really got a run at right wing back, due to injuries in the second half of the season. He'd need a reliable centre back alongside him, as it's his attacking side of the game he mostly excels at. Defensively, can be a bit inconsistent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ah ok. Was tempted to pick him in the Fantasy Premier League but money was right. :(

Josh Dasilva, 4.5

Get him signed as it'll make space for better rated midfielders and also he will score goals this season

45 minutes ago, Danny said:

Josh Dasilva, 4.5

Get him signed as it'll make space for better rated midfielders and also he will score goals this season

I'll give that a thought. My team is pretty much done bar a couple of potential changes, of which this is one of them in defence.

5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'll give that a thought. My team is pretty much done bar a couple of potential changes, of which this is one of them in defence.

He'd make a good sub essentially if someone's injured and you can't make a transfer

Archived