talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Macau is fucking dangerous. Especially with cocky drivers who don't even go off the throttle under red flags. 🤦‍♂️

Macau is fucking fantastic. But yeah, the situational awareness of some drivers leaves a lot to be desired xD

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, nudge said:

Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama tonight, I love love love this circuit and this race. Probably my 3rd favourite after Nürburgring and Spa.

Will be cheering for this absolute beauty tonight:

NED_SOB_B1000-4-sml.jpg?v=1638260381

😍

Thought it said Sound of Bratwurst at first. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thought it said Sound of Bratwurst at first. xD

Unrelated to Bratwurst, but the car that won the race is part of the team that belongs (in part) to Zak Brown :o 

Also, there was a safety car because an echidna was strolling on the track xD 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Unrelated to Bratwurst, but the car that won the race is part of the team that belongs (in part) to Zak Brown :o 

Also, there was a safety car because an echidna was strolling on the track xD 

Echidna lives matter! That was tough to watch when the cars almost hit it. 😬

Zak Brown is involved in a lot of racing series' isn't he? :o 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Echidna lives matter! That was tough to watch when the cars almost hit it. 😬

Zak Brown is involved in a lot of racing series' isn't he? :o 

Yeah, he's a proper racing fanatic :D F1 and IndyCar with Mclaren; WEC, European Le Mans, Le Mans Cup, numerous GT4, GT3 and other sportscar races as well as Extreme E with United Autosports. Probably even more I'm not aware about.

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Succeeds Jean Todt after the latter's 12 years in charge. First non-European to hold the role, got voted in with over 61% of votes. A former multiple regional rally champion as a driver (14 championships), the President of the UAE motorsport federation, and FIA Vice President for Sport in World Motor Sport Council since 2008. In his campaign, Ben Sulayem focused on greater financial transparency and accountability of the organisation, growth of motorsports worldwide, with particular attention given to affordable racing at local and junior levels.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

The cameo livery makes it hard to see any details (that's the intention, I know), but I love what I've seen so far. Hopefully, they'll take part with the new  LMDh car in a few races in 2022 season already before committing fully in 2023; can't wait to see it in action! Dane Cameron and Felipe Nasr have been added as Porsche work drivers, will join Kevin Estre and Michael Christensen (replacing Neel Jani), and their return to WEC in hybrid category will be managed by Urs Kuratle, a former Sauber chief race mechanic in F1 for over 20 years! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Dakar Rally started today with the Prologue.

Audi's entry is very interesting and gets a lot of hype. First ever fully electric vehicle to challenge Dakar, with a new engine which charges the battery while driving. Looks very futuristic. And then their driver lineup... No words. Sainz Sr., Peterhansel, Ekström :o

• Subscriber

First stage completed.

Al-Attiyah leads with Toyota in car category, with Loeb and Prokop completing the Top 3.

Massive problems for Audi, with Peterhansel's car breaking its rear axle, and Carlos Sainz Sr. losing his wheel bearings.

Bike category is being led by Daniel Sanders (KTM), with Quintanilla and Walkner behind him.

Sotnikov leads in trucks, Kancius in quad category.

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Just look at this plonker. And he only got 5 minute penalty for it 😳

What an idiot. And the biker being so nice to wave him through after he got run over by him. Was he injured?

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What an idiot. And the biker being so nice to wave him through after he got run over by him. Was he injured?

Zumaran (the Chilean rider in the video) could continue, so no serious injuries, thankfully. For me, the worst part is not even De Villiers hitting him like that; I accept that could happen unintentionally - but not stopping to check on the person you just hit in the middle of a desert is pure evil. 

And it appears this is not a single incident involving him yesterday: he is now accused of running over a crashed motorbike later in the stage, destroying it and also not stopping to check on the rider or the bike.

Unfathomable, especially in a racing event where drivers/riders stopping and ruining their own times to help their competitors in trouble has always been the norm. Surely has to be a DSQ. 

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 1