talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lewis Hall - Newcastle Interested

www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/champions-league-club-interested-in-signing-18-year-old-chelsea-player-journalist/

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/lewis-hall-newcastle-united-chelsea-youngster-teases-move-with-social-media-activity-4227846

Not sure I see this happening given how poor Chelsea's recruitment has been, they are light on numbers and will have to retain players.

I like the link though, a high upside talent who has his full development cycle ahead.  A loan with options could be a possible option as Chelsea have Chilwel and Cucurella occupying most of the playing time whereas he will play a lot in our team.

• The title was changed to Lewis Hall - Newcastle Interested
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spike said:

How is their recruitment poor? They literally get every player they want. It might be weird and nonsensical at times but Chelsea always get their man.

they missed Ugarte and Rice, they are struggling with Brighton for Ceicedo and they haven't signed a striker or removed lukaku and we are nearly in August.

50 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hall is a midfielder. Only played LB because Cucurella is wank and Chilwell didn't have the greatest of seasons. 

He's going to a club that will actually start him. No way we loan to Newcastle. 

if you got Ugarte and Ceicedo I think he would have been sold but since it is looking like Gallagher and Enzo are the only midfielders, it is unlikely.   

if he did come on loan he would play at left back and very often.  if we put an option to buy for 40m or so Chelsea may be tempted.

10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

they missed Ugarte and Rice, they are struggling with Brighton for Ceicedo and they haven't signed a striker or removed lukaku and we are nearly in August.

if you got Ugarte and Ceicedo I think he would have been sold but since it is looking like Gallagher and Enzo are the only midfielders, it is unlikely.   

if he did come on loan he would play at left back and very often.  if we put an option to buy for 40m or so Chelsea may be tempted.

Ugarte we were priced out and Poch specifically told the recruitment team not to over spend on him. PSG are offering him something mad. Also not sure why this continues to be a thing but Rice and Chelsea, was never a thing. Not once was he ever seriously considered here, even dating back to Lampard's first stint.

We currently have Santos, Casadei, Enzo, Gallagher, and Carney at midfield. There is still discussions as to what to do with Hall, as he likely won't have a future here in midfield. 

Archived