talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2023/24 - 29th Sept-1st October, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

Most refs don't spot the shirt pulling so glad he actually spotted that for the penalty. 

And then our worst player today ends up scoring with a great finish. Wouldn't say we deserve it either based on our 2nd half. Been quite sloppy and not sharp enough at all. 

• Subscriber
On 29/09/2023 at 01:35, Dan said:

Blackburn away. Sunday 12pm. Think there's a decent chance I miss my 7am minibus given I'm back late from a wedding Saturday.

Blackburn are statistically the most open and entertaining team in not just this league but the EFL. There are so many chances at both ends in their games and they beat us pretty convincingly back in February in the cup - though in reality we can't read too much into that game, we've changed quite drastically since then.

We're still yet to let in 2 in a league game under Maresca. This will be the biggest test to that yet.

I think we will beat them though. I think we hit 3 or so ourselves.

My calculations bring me to a 1-3 victory.

Very very close and logic basically correct.

I have to say, this really has been piss easy. We're winning these games at a canter without having to be anything that special. Long way to go, I do expect some bumps in the road, but I think in general this is going to be a quite comfortable promotion and this is the truth.

• Subscriber
On 28/09/2023 at 09:22, Pyfish said:

Predicting a heavy loss for us. Swindon have been scoring plenty of goals this season so far and we're struggling to find the net.

Not the heavy loss I expected but still a loss. The media and the bookies at the start of the season tipped us to do well but we really are struggling all over the pitch at the moment now that the wonder goals from Abo Eisa aren't happening whilst he's injured.

• The topic was unpinned