Notts County vs Walsall
Sutton vs Harrogate
Tranmere vs Newport

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Not sure how tomorrow goes. Perhaps scrape through with a narrow win again.

Plymouth have a good record of scoring from counter-attacks. I think I heard Maresca say they are only second best to Leeds in that respect. We do tend to end up breaking teams down who sit back and soak up pressure, but we'll have to be much more clinical than we've shown in recent games. Opportunities probably won't be too regular but we can't be so wasteful and then get sucker-punched on the counter. We have to score first otherwise it's just easier for teams to sit back. 

Pereira is out and he's almost like a partner in crime for Winks, so presumably Choudhury steps in. 

The striker conundrum continues as well. Hard to tell who is the best option. Iheanacho is almost playing himself out of favour, Vardy seems better as a impact sub against tiring defences, Cannon is totally untried but I think he needs to be given a chance at some point, Daka doesn't seem to be getting a look in.

• Administrator

Just seen the disallowed Sunderland goal. Terrible decision for the offside. Quite very clearly onside that you'd expect a linesman to be getting right at any level.

Good decision to not allow the penalty though shortly after. 

Ballard should have been off. High off the ground, from behind and out of control in the scissor motion too.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Stan said:

The striker conundrum continues as well. Hard to tell who is the best option. Iheanacho is almost playing himself out of favour, Vardy seems better as a impact sub against tiring defences, Cannon is totally untried but I think he needs to be given a chance at some point, Daka doesn't seem to be getting a look in.

And with that being said, Daka starts and neither Iheanacho or Vardy are in the squad! 

• Administrator

Easiest win we've had all season. Mavididi sounded great, and deserved his two goals. Also sounded like the game should have been wrapped up before half-time.

Good to see us rotate and still get a convincing win. Pereira, Vardy, Iheanacho and McAteer all out and they weren't missed. Choudhury had a quality game by all accounts. 

Same again vs Millwall please.

Very good win for us yesterday given it was a bit of an average performance. Two moments of quality were enough.

Just felt a bit sloppy at times but credit to Blackburn who actually played ok to be fair. They do miss some serious cutting edge though, no real presence up front.

Summerville is on absolute fire.

Edited by Lucas

21 hours ago, Stan said:

Easiest win we've had all season. Mavididi sounded great, and deserved his two goals. Also sounded like the game should have been wrapped up before half-time.

Good to see us rotate and still get a convincing win. Pereira, Vardy, Iheanacho and McAteer all out and they weren't missed. Choudhury had a quality game by all accounts. 

Same again vs Millwall please.

Millwall were shite yesterday, though neither of us were really great.

If they play like they did, you'll piss them, especially with Winks in midfield.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Long overdue that we've given someone a good beating and I've been saying to people a while I thought Plymouth of all teams were probably a good contender to be on the end of that, as they genuinely really do only know one way and that's to attack. They actually gave us a good game for a lot of the first half and they were probably a bit unfortunate to go in behind at half time, but we just hammered them after the restart and it became a procession.

My one criticism of Maresca has been that I think he overcomplicates and keeps things a bit too tight against sides we're a lot better than. Can't accuse him of that at the weekend. We were looking for other ways. Not totally stubborn. Good from him.