talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Clubs January Transfer Window!

football forum

Is it going to be quiet or busy? What'd you think you need?

Outgoings

For Brentford, Thomas Frank came out recently to re-iterate that Toney is unlikely to leave unless a silly bid comes in for him. I can't see anyone making that bid but you never know how desperate Arsenal, United or Chelsea will become come deadline day when they need a goalscorer to try and win the league/qualify for Europe.

Incomings

It's pretty clear that we need to strengthen our defence, if we can go the rest of the season with Hickey at left back and Ajer at right back then we will be comfortable but we just don't have the cover should they get injured. I think at least one full back that can stay fit would be a good option for us. We're linked with Real Betis' Assane Diao who is a winger that has seriously high defensive stats on FBREF, so maybe he will be brought in to cover both the wing back position and the forward positions.

We are about to sign Emre Konak when he turns 18 this month, he looks talented and has played a lot of games in Turkey for such a young player but really I've no idea how that will turn out or where he will play in midfield.

The club were pretty set on signing a forward in the Summer and I think we'll carry on with that, likely a winger. It could be Diao, it could be him and another winger or it could be someone else entirely. But with Toney expected to leave in the Summer and it being likely that Wissa/Schade end up playing through the middle at times, and with Bryan Mbeumo being out for 3 months now...I don't think signing 2 wingers this January would overload the squad, if anything it'll take the load off of Keane Lewis-Potter and will stop us from having to play Wissa out-wide as he is a centre forward by trade and has played his best games for us there.

Overall

If we can end the window with a young and capable wing back I'll be happy. A midfield and wing-back options would be nice, and it maybe that Konak plays more for us than I'd expect, but I wouldn't be that bothered waiting until the Summer to strengthen there. but wing-back is a priority. On Toney I'll be happy if he stays as that's guaranteed goals till the end of the season, but I'll be happy if he leaves as that would only happen with a bid around £80m which seems unlikely. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

31 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I know nothing about him mate, don't do social media or follow these ITK people. google him and see what he's track record is like

What the?

You literally posted you had an ITK that said there'd be a Phillips/Kimmich swap. :4_joy:

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

What the?

You literally posted you had an ITK that said there'd be a Phillips/Kimmich swap. :4_joy:

Thats a man who texts him. The man who texts him says the exact same stuff the man on twitter says

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

What the?

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Thats a man who texts him. The man who texts him says the exact same stuff the man on twitter says

Yeah i try to stay away form all this ITK stuff tbh, nothing worse than people claiming they know things, i like to mind my own business