talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2023/24 - Liverpool 2-1 Fulham - Wednesday 10th January, 2024 (SF 1st Leg)

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Alisson start this one given Kelleher's performance in the league game against them. Fully expecting Kelleher to start though. Other than that I think we will go as strong as possible with there being no game for about 10 days after this

• Administrator

Van Dijk lucky to escape a second yellow. Not that he should have had a first in the first place. So perhaps that evens out.

Pereira is a little cry baby like Fernandes. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Shouldn't Pereira received 2 yellows for that, given the precedent set by the ridiculous Dalot sending off? One for simulation one for time wasting.

Two different things? Dalot showed dissent twice.

Ref had already given the free kick to Fulham so why would he book Pereira for simulation? 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Two different things? Dalot showed dissent twice.

Ref had already given the free kick to Fulham so why would he book Pereira for simulation? 

Well I guess if the ref was competent he would have booked him for simulation.

Dalot showed dissent once tbh, the ref didn't even give him a second to calm down. That was an insane moment of officiating and I think there's nothing that justifies it other than protecting a referee's fragile ego. But if you can be booked for dissent twice back to back, I don't see why you can't get booked for two bookable offenses back to back.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

, I don't see why you can't get booked for two bookable offenses back to back.

You can, but not if the referee has already given a free kick to the team you want the offence to go against? 

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’ve been incredibly impressed with Bradley. 

I've thought that if Trent does make the transition to being a midfielder full-time it would take another right back coming through the academy that looks good as a right back in our system to make it happen.

It's obviously very very early days, but Bradley looked very good and if he keeps this up while Trent is out injured, maybe it has Klopp think more seriously about using Trent as a midfielder more often.

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Get Gakpo and Jones doing the post match interview after every game

Yeah, I loved that. Two good lads, and I’m delighted for Curtis especially after a difficult 12 month. He’s been excellent for us this season. 

• The title was changed to EFL Cup 2023/24 - Liverpool 2-1 Fulham - Wednesday 10th January, 2024 (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned