talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Replays Scrapped from 2024/25

football forum

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

They obviously could just have replays before the 3rd round but I'm guessing that has less to do with the PL and more to do with the FA wanting it to be consistent throughout the competition.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

'it gets in the way'. 

"But if we don't have international friendlies where we charge outrageous ticket prices to foreign fans, how will they know we care about taking their money too?"

• Administrator

'it gets in the way' 

If it gets in the way so much, withdraw yourself from the competition before it even starts. 

• Upvote 1

Withdraw from the competition to keep replays a thing? Sold their competition because replays are gone? What?

People are being unreasonably dramatic about this and that's not surprising but it's still ridiculous in my opinion. People were even upset about away goals being removed in Europe.

Can only imagine the fury when wins started meaning 3 points instead of 2. "You're demeaning what it means to get a draw!!".

Things won't change that much. No one will miss replays in a year.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Withdraw from the competition to keep replays a thing? Sold their competition because replays are gone? What?

No. You said the competition gets in the way. Why play in it then? 

It clearly doesn't give you much satisfaction to stay in it, and not giving it the respect it deserves. You know exactly what I meant. 

It's not unnecessarily dramatic. You just can't empathise with how it affects lower league clubs because you've not been there or had to endure it at a smaller local level. People are being 'dramatic' because hundreds of clubs have been treated like they don't matter or exist. 

I don't remember this much 'drama' about away goals. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

No. You said the competition gets in the way. Why play in it then? 

It clearly doesn't give you much satisfaction to stay in it, and not giving it the respect it deserves. You know exactly what I meant.

I don't know where the confusion came in but if it wasn't already clear enough, I was specifically talking about replays getting in the way...

Unfortunately the past couple of seasons we haven't stayed in it for too long. Maybe they should do replays of games even when the winner has been decided just to make sure it's the right team going through? 

I remember when they brought in replay penalties.. and scrapped replays until an actual winner.

I'm sure no replays will pass out of thought. But for certain, a brave away draw by an underdog is likely much better rewarded with a home reply. Not penalties on the day.