talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2024 Fantasy League

football forums

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

You can make transfers in/out of your squad. 

Plus you can make subs during a round of games - either for a player that hasn't played yet, or if they have, you lose the points they've got your already. 

So I've selected Mittelstadt for today's game, if he has a stinker, I can replace him with a sub and his poor rating wont count for this round of matches right? So the points are judged by the round of matches, right?

Also how do I change formation? They've given me a 4-3-3 formation, can I change it, if so how?

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Michael said:

So I've selected Mittelstadt for today's game, if he has a stinker, I can replace him with a sub and his poor rating wont count for this round of matches right? So the points are judged by the round of matches, right?

Also how do I change formation? They've given me a 4-3-3 formation, can I change it, if so how?

I believe so, but you have to do it with a player that hasn't played yet. 

The formation will change when you select a player in. So if you put in a defender for a striker, it'll automatically change to 5-3-2.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I believe so, but you have to do it with a player that hasn't played yet. 

The formation will change when you select a player in. So if you put in a defender for a striker, it'll automatically change to 5-3-2.

I see, so you can't replace a starter who has played badly during the round, with a sub who has already played in the round and say played better. It's only if that sub hasn't played yet in the round, that you can bring him on into the starting 11/the team. Right?

Thanks for explaining the formation situation. I've already selected my team, but I take it i can also change the formation during the round of matches right, so I don't think there are any issues there.

I had Wirtz in my team he played well. I also had Rudiger, who played well until that bloody own goal. I also had Mittelstadt. I will need to check the player ratings to see what changes I need to make.

7 hours ago, Stan said:

You can make transfers in/out of your squad. 

Plus you can make subs during a round of games - either for a player that hasn't played yet, or if they have, you lose the points they've got your already. 

Can you only make transfers once a round of matches are over, or can you make transfers at any time?

5 hours ago, Michael said:

Can you only make transfers once a round of matches are over, or can you make transfers at any time?

Any time. I'd recommend waiting until the last group game is on though just because of unexpected injuries.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Any time. I'd recommend waiting until the last group game is on though just because of unexpected injuries.

How are the points calculated then? The players have to be in your team, before the match in which they earn points, in order for you to benefit from those points, right?

Also, do players transfer values change as well or do they stay the same? 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Michael said:

How are the points calculated then? The players have to be in your team, before the match in which they earn points, in order for you to benefit from those points, right?

Correct. In your first XI, not your subs. 

For example I had McTominay and Mittelstsdt in my team. They earned total of 6pts. 

I've subbed McTominay for someone else. And therefore sacrificed 3pts in the hope the new player subbed in scores more. 

59 minutes ago, Stan said:

Correct. In your first XI, not your subs. 

For example I had McTominay and Mittelstsdt in my team. They earned total of 6pts. 

I've subbed McTominay for someone else. And therefore sacrificed 3pts in the hope the new player subbed in scores more. 

Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks for confirming. But for me for example, Rudiger with his own goal yesterday, didn't get many points. Can I instead of subbing him out, transfer him out of my team and buy a defender who is playing today to replace him for example? If so, how can I sell him and buy a player/transfer into my team? I am able to substitute players in and out of my team from the bench/reserves, but how do I buy new players and sell Rudiger?

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks for confirming. But for me for example, Rudiger with his own goal yesterday, didn't get many points. Can I instead of subbing him out, transfer him out of my team and buy a defender who is playing today to replace him for example? If so, how can I sell him and buy a player/transfer into my team? I am able to substitute players in and out of my team from the bench/reserves, but how do I buy new players and sell Rudiger?

Think you can buy new players but not have them straight into your team. They'll only be active and available from the next matchday. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think you can buy new players but not have them straight into your team. They'll only be active and available from the next matchday. 

I see, that would make sense, thanks for clarifying that.

Spain outclass Croatia 3-0, yet Rodri only gets a rating of 2 points in my team. He had like 4 points at one stage during the game, but the penalty that he allegedly conceded, where he got a yellow card, really contributed to him getting a low rating. It's just my luck, there was a similar situation with Rudiger for Germany, he had a good rating against Scotland, until he scored that own goal. 🤪

These international managers must not rate the Bundesliga. Kobel & Grimaldo both didn't start. SMH. How old is Sommer now? And Cucurella ahead of Grimaldo? Southgate better start TAA.

I doubt it's got anything to do with rating the Bundesliga, lol. Sommer is much more experienced than Kobel, both are class, these are all close calls. I can name certain national teams full of Bundesliga players. I am sure TAA will start for England tomorrow.

I think my luck continues to be bad. Rudiger got a poor rating for his own goal. Rodri got a poor rating because he was alleged to have conceded the penalty and got a yellow card for it. Now Di Marco literally set up Albania for their goal with that poor throw in. These are all supposedly very good players who have had bad ratings because of one poor incident in the games they've played.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think my luck continues to be bad. Rudiger got a poor rating for his own goal. Rodri got a poor rating because he was alleged to have conceded the penalty and got a yellow card for it. Now Di Marco literally set up Albania for their goal with that poor throw in. These are all supposedly very good players who have had bad ratings because of one poor incident in the games they've played.

It's not really points based on how well they've done in a game (like a performance rating). It's more for involvements or events in games. 

Di Marco's current 2 pts are not due to him setting up a goal for Albania. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's not really points based on how well they've done in a game (like a performance rating). It's more for involvements or events in games. 

Di Marco's current 2 pts are not due to him setting up a goal for Albania. 

Okay, well if they haven't taken that throw in blunder into account that's a good thing. 

Are 4 points a good rating for a goalkeeper? Is it just saves made that improve a keepers rating or do clean sheets in a match also add to their rating after a game? 

I am asking because I have a dilemma of whether to replace Verburggen with Lunin today or not.

Edited by Michael

I'm a bit late to this, wasn't gonna bother but day off today and have whipped up a team late to get involved. Will obviously have to miss whoever has got points already.

Whats the code to join the league?

Edited by Lucas