talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Croatia 2-2 Albania - Wednesday 19th June, 2024

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Albania must be absolutely knackered. The first Croatia goal was coming, then they carried on rushing and rushing. Should have managed the game better. 

I think they thought they had managed the game better, took off an attacker and brought on a defensive midfielder.   Give up two scrappy goals a couple minutes later.  Harsh on Albania but at least I am still alive in the Last Man Standing.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Albania must be absolutely knackered. The first Croatia goal was coming, then they carried on rushing and rushing. Should have managed the game better. 

The thing is the difference in quality usually shows. Croatia have the depth to bring on subs that make a difference, Albania don't have that luxury and over the course of a match, these things usually make a difference. Croatia are still not going to go far in this competition in my opinion. They will probably get knocked out in the Round of 16, if they even get out of the group. Albania have not shamed themselves and they have some good players. But they are ranked by the bookies as the weakest team in this competition alongside Georgia for a reason.

Edited by Michael

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I think they thought they had managed the game better, took off an attacker and brought on a defensive midfielder.   Give up two scrappy goals a couple minutes later.  Harsh on Albania but at least I am still alive in the Last Man Standing.

I meant by players on the pitch. I know they want/need the win, but when it was 1-1 they were still under lots of pressure, and the keeper is rolling the ball out extremely quickly and giving no time or chance for his players to recover or just have a bit of a break. 

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

The thing is the difference in quality usually shows. Croatia have the depth to bring on subs that make a difference, Albania don't have that luxury and over the course of a match, these things usually make a difference. Croatia are still not going to go far in this competition in my opinion. They will probably get knocked out in the Round of 16, if they even get out of the group. Albania have not shamed themselves and they have some good players. But they are ranked by the bookies as the weakest team in this competition alongside Georgia for a reason.

Yep, you're not wrong there and Croatia do have better depth. All the more reason to try and manage the game situation better and slow things down, slow the momentum of Croatia and take the sting out of the game, as they say. 

• The title was changed to Croatia 2-2 Albania - Wednesday 19th June, 2024
  • The topic was unpinned