Proposal for Wrexham and Birmingham to Play in United States Rejected by EFL

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

EFL do something good for once. Rare, I know. 

Clubs proposing this is just more evidence that those clubs and owners just do not give a shit about local communities or fans as much as they say they do. This does nothing for those fans that were here several years before the owners were and will still be there several years after. 

Where in the US where they going to play it?  Birmingham Alabama?

Totally disrespectful to the local community and fan base.   I can't see much interest in Birmingham/Wrexham in the US, unless Tom Brady and Ryan Renolds suit up for their respective teams.  

Just play a friendly in the US in July.

Whilst I'd be fuming if my club even contemplated it. If club owners were happy to lose the advantage of a home fixture and commit to not complaining about fixture congestion, travel etc should form suffer around the date of the overseas match I'd say let them do what they want. 

The Wrexham response would have been interesting. Whilst I would expect Birmingham fans, most of whom haven't seen there side in the third tier until now would have had protests over this. I'm not sure how much of the Hollywood Koolaid a club who spent so long out the '92 have drank.