The better place to talk football.

F1 2024 - British GP - 5-7th July

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The title was changed to F1 2024 - British GP - 5-7th July
58 minutes ago, Stan said:

The equivalent to F1 as Düsseldorf stadium is to German Football... 

Amirite @Tommy :ph34r:

Pretty much, just without the retractable roof. :ph34r:

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

It's got to the point now where I don't see how anyone is gaining from the ongoing Perez situation. It's not even like he's getting to enjoy podium finishes or inherited wins. His reputation as a driver is just taking a battering every weekend while Red Bull are likely to blow the Constructors' Championship. The only benefit is that they can have a clear lead driver but unless they could put pretty much anyone in there without disrupting Max at the moment.

Leclerc is out in Q2. He's been a ghost since winning Monaco.

Big performances from Aston Martin and Williams.

Damage for Verstappen may rule him out of competing for pole here.

• Subscriber

Labour have only been in power two days and already British drivers are locking out the top three at Silverstone :ph34r:.

Mercedes look like they're properly back in the mix though. With no big regulation change until 2026 we could be about to see a year and a half long golden age of competitive F1. Just need Ferrari to get back amongst it. Hopefully nobody brings a beast car out of the box next year because it could be some championship if things are like this next year.

Rb have been there all season (well Max has). Ferrari started well but have kind of faded. McLaren are now front runners and Merc are improving. If Ferrari can start pushing again, second half of the season could be very kinky.

• Subscriber

Nobody has better odds to win today than 2/1. Always good to go into a race without it being a case of "if nobody gets Max on the first lap then it's race over" although to be fair, even that wasn't true in Miami or Austria where he did get pole.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Nobody has better odds to win today than 2/1. Always good to go into a race without it being a case of "if nobody gets Max on the first lap then it's race over" although to be fair, even that wasn't true in Miami or Austria where he did get pole.

I have concern about Mercs race pace compared to McLaren and Max. Nando on lighter fuel, after the final round of pit stops always seems to come alive. I reckon Max can take the Mercs but Lando will be more difficult but it will be interesting after last week.

• Administrator

Verstappen gains on Norris. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Why is this race so late today? Usually it's an hour earlier. 🤔

Has it always been scheduled for 3pm?

I wonder if it had been moved earlier this week because of potential storms that were due around 1-2pm?

Like you I thought it was 2pm usually.