• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Serie A Matchday 12

Recommended Posts

Saturday 4th November
Bologna vs Crotone, 17.00
Genoa vs Sampdoria, 19.45

Sunday 5th November
Inter vs Torino, 11.30
Cagliari vs Hellas Verona
Chievo vs Napoli
Fiorentina vs Roma
Juventus vs Benevento
Lazio vs Udinese
Atalanta vs SPAL
Sassuolo vs AC Milan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

luigiferraris2.JPG

The Genoa Derby is as good as any excuse to wax lyrical about the Stadio Luigi Ferraris and it's uniqueness with Italian football.

It's everything that a top stadium should be. Enclosed, right on top of the pitch and a unique style and design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wasn't a derby at all.  Sampdoria was never threaten tonight and they won this game more easily than they had imagined.  Fantastic defence and counter attacks.

Genoa on the other hand is going straight to the serie B. Preziosi has completely destroyed the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bologna committed suicide today. They were leading two times with two beautiful free kicks by Verdi but in the end they lost the game. Tragic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best two strikers of Serie A collide today. Icardi VS Belotti. 

Enjoyable 1st half had lots of chances for both teams and fast tempo. The second half must also have goals.

Edited by Dalmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dalmore said:

That wasn't a derby at all.  Sampdoria was never threaten tonight and they won this game more easily than they had imagined.  Fantastic defence and counter attacks.

Genoa on the other hand is going straight to the serie B. Preziosi has completely destroyed the team.

Sampdoria look really good this season and will be a strong favourite for a Europa League spot. They look like a solid team and easily took care of a derby match. The only worry they had last night was when Quagliarella briefly went down holding his knee. Genoa have been poor for years now, no stability and then they strike lucky with Simeone and they sell him for a relatively low amount. Would love them to stay up, to preserve the occasion of the derby, but it looks highly unlikely at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

GOal Torino :o 

Should've been two if Joel Obi didn't miss the target. A real test of Inter's credentials here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadn't noticed that Torino had 4 ex Inter players in their formation and one ex Coach :o

3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Sampdoria look really good this season and will be a strong favourite for a Europa League spot. They look like a solid team and easily took care of a derby match. The only worry they had last night was when Quagliarella briefly went down holding his knee. Genoa have been poor for years now, no stability and then they strike lucky with Simeone and they sell him for a relatively low amount. Would love them to stay up, to preserve the occasion of the derby, but it looks highly unlikely at the moment.

The president - owner - scum of Genoa must sell the club now before it's too late. every year passes they get closer to Serie B.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

The president - owner - scum of Genoa must sell the club now before it's too late. every year passes they get closer to Serie B.

1

How he is even allowed to own a club says a lot for the people running football in Italy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eder to the rescue! Can Inter hold on to their unbeaten start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roma have 11 away wins in a row. Should they win today, they'll set a new Serie A record. Tough game against Fiorentina this afternoon though. Gerson starts, but he's never impressed me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Gerson starts, but he's never impressed me.

And just like that, he opens the scoring for Roma xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's up with that kit of Rube?

* Douglas Costa almost broke the post with that shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

What's up with that kit of Rube?

* Douglas Costa almost broke the post with that shot.

It's at least an upgrade on their current kit and that awful new logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerson scores again for Roma in a superb counter-attack. Certainly, have picked the wrong day to question his ability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rubentus is missing unbelievable chances against Benevento. It's a miracle that the score is still 0-1. It won't stay for long like this as it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely Juventus aren't going to lose this xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said it's a miracle that Benevento is leading in this match so far but I guess it's just a matter of time until Juventus turns over the score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benevento's GK is a complete idiot. Everytime there is a cross made by a Rube player he just leaves his goalposts to catch the ball like he plays football for the first time. He should have seen that coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted for Benevento. What a story it would have been for them to pick up their first point away to the Champions.

Fiorentina - Roma was a very entertaining game, even if Roma weren't at their best. The evolution of the Roma team continues under Di Francesco and they can now rest players in difficult games and still come away with the victory. Also, near perfect afternoon for them with Napoli and Inter both dropping points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Gutted for Benevento. What a story it would have been for them to pick up their first point away to the Champions.

Fiorentina - Roma was a very entertaining game, even if Roma weren't at their best. The evolution of the Roma team continues under Di Francesco and they can now rest players in difficult games and still come away with the victory. Also, near perfect afternoon for them with Napoli and Inter both dropping points.

Imagine if Roma still had Salah and Rudiger and Marquinhos and Pjanic and Ljajic and...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dalmore said:

Imagine if Roma still had Salah and Rudiger and Marquinhos and Pjanic and Ljajic and...

If just imagine what they would be like with Salah. They didn't really replace him in the summer and look at him at Liverpool.

The rest are fairly replaceable to an extent, Pjanic the best of them but Nainggolan has really gone to another level taking his role in the midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement