Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Australian A-League

Central Coast have some character. Third time against a Melbourne side they've been losing at half time and turned it around. 2nd time in a week its now 3-2 after losing at HT. 

Kuol hitting some form... 

I forgot how painful it is to watch the A-League...didn't know they'd expanded with two extra teams either

I took the piss out of the quality of the A-League, but have a look at Western Sydney's second goal. Class,a lso the goalline scramble beforehand too.

I like the MacArthur expansion though, a proper one based on a proper area, unli8ke Western United which is somehow western suburbs of Melbourne and the entirety of the west of Victoria xD

Derbyshire just scored a goal for McArthur in the same way they were scored against in that game above ^.

MacArthur have taken to their first season quite well. Played some decent stuff. Hopefully they can remain competitive for the whole season.

57 minutes ago, Danny said:

I took the piss out of the quality of the A-League, but have a look at Western Sydney's second goal. Class,a lso the goalline scramble beforehand too.

It's enjoyable to watch. There's glimpses of the outrageous every now and then, like that back-heeled assist.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Derbyshire just scored a goal for McArthur in the same way they were scored against in that game above ^.

MacArthur have taken to their first season quite well. Played some decent stuff. Hopefully they can remain competitive for the whole season.

It's enjoyable to watch. There's glimpses of the outrageous every now and then, like that back-heeled assist.

Yeah the good thing about the league is that it's got a really good set up, good stadiums even if they're not purpose built (read that Western United are getting a purpose built one) but the NRL stadiums are going through a phase of stadium expansion to catch up with the AFL so the A-League are benefitting from that. The PR is good, the advertising, logo's, general imagery is great and makes for a good product. The kits are nice as well, I like that Macarthur home kit. So you watch all of this slick, well planned product and then see the players and sometimes you're like....what is happening. I just watched Brisbane Roar and saw a passage of play that had about 7 passes and every pass was ever under hit or over hit lol, but you do see some good talent come through and see some older decent players come in as well, I remember watching this giant Dutch defensive mid and he was spraying passes for fun.

@Bluebird Hewitt might be interested to know your former Bluebird Rudy Gestede came on for Melbourne Victory when it was 0-0, got booked, gave away a penalty, should have got another booking and now they're losing 2-0 :shutup:

Just now, Stan said:

@Bluebird Hewitt might be interested to know your former Bluebird Rudy Gestede came on for Melbourne Victory when it was 0-0, got booked, gave away a penalty, should have got another booking and now they're losing 2-0 :shutup:

Didn't even know he was in Australia. Great sub appearance by the big man. xD

I'll mention @JoshBRFC and @Carnivore Chris as they loved him as well. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

It's at Rovers where he seemed to play his best football. Just over a goal every 2 games or so if I remember correctly.

He didn't seem to really leave his mark anywhere after that.

I didn't know he was in Australia now either. But great start to his career there it seems 😷

34 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

14 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's at Rovers where he seemed to play his best football. Just over a goal every 2 games or so if I remember correctly.

He didn't seem to really leave his mark anywhere after that.

I didn't know he was in Australia now either. But great start to his career there it seems 😷

He's not changed injury-wise, either.

Think in his first game (or maybe second), he went off with a hamstring injury shortly after only 10 mins in the game...

• Upvote 1

He was one half of the the best duo the Championship has ever seen. And just like the other fella. Once you leave Rovers, it’s all downhill.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

He was one half of the the best duo the Championship has ever seen. And just like the other fella. Once you leave Rovers, it’s all downhill.

Happened with so many over the years.

Bentley was a big one. Fella ended up retiring at about 28 he went so downhill.

Gestede with a double. Two headers, unsurprisingly...

Great strike... 

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I turned this on 5 minutes ago at 3-0. It’s now 7-0. Ridiculous.

Geez some game to miss. Sad fall from grace for Victory.

51 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Geez some game to miss. Sad fall from grace for Victory.

I read that Citeh now have more fans than Victory. That’s utterly fucking hilarious. Oil money cunts everywhere.

Bet Victory thought it couldn't get worse than the 6-0 hammering they got by City earlier in the season. They've outdone themselves today. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I read that Citeh now have more fans than Victory. That’s utterly fucking hilarious. Oil money cunts everywhere.

Nah doubt they have more fans?! Victory are one of the most well supported. 

Edited by Toinho

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Nah doubt they have more fans?! Victory are one of the most well supported. 

Just what I heard them discussing after the game.