• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

No Further Action to be Taken After Firmino/Holgate Incident

football forum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nobody heard it because it didn't happen. There was the referee stood between the two players and three or four players in the vicinity of them. Simple case of Holgate losing his head at the time and thinking he heard something he didn't, so I agree he shouldn't face a ban

Did it not happen? I don’t think there’s actual 100% proof it didn’t happen. I can’t imagine hearing was that good at a time when most of the crowd would be screaming. We’ll never know but the right outcome, based upon the evidence provided, has happened. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Did it not happen? I don’t think there’s actual 100% proof it didn’t happen. I can’t imagine hearing was that good at a time when most of the crowd would be screaming. We’ll never know but the right outcome, based upon the evidence provided, has happened. 

Do you think it did?

37 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Holgate reporting he was racially abused in good faith - bad.

Rhian Brewster reporting he was racially abused in good faith - good. 

The Reds. 

Some of our lot are embarrassing with the whole 'race card' thing. There's plenty of reasonable ones though who accept that Holgate was simply mistaken

• Subscriber

Some Liverpool fans still being more willing to believe that Holgate managed to think fast enough to fabricate this whole thing to avoid a red card or whatever in the 5 second window he had to think of this cunning plan than to admit Lallana dived for the penalty is pretty special I have to say.

Honestly can't believe how little we've heard about that dive given the outrage over Calvert-Lewin daring to go down when he was pushed in the back in mid air and the outrage against Kane and Lamela going down with the old mid air somersault at Anfield the other week.

33 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Some Liverpool fans still being more willing to believe that Holgate managed to think fast enough to fabricate this whole thing to avoid a red card or whatever in the 5 second window he had to think of this cunning plan than to admit Lallana dived for the penalty is pretty special I have to say.

Honestly can't believe how little we've heard about that dive given the outrage over Calvert-Lewin daring to go down when he was pushed in the back in mid air and the outrage against Kane and Lamela going down with the old mid air somersault at Anfield the other week.

You lot are always harping on about that dive, yet I don't see us harping on about Calvert-Lewin going down softly. As your manager said, if you've got a player in or around the box - don't touch him or there's a good chance he'll go down and you'll get a penalty given against you. And yeah, we were pissed off about Kane and Lamela, but I don't see us bringing it up every time Storts shows up (although I think he'd love it if we did). Lallana did exactly what Calvert-Lewin did but a fraction outside the box and the shit ref was a shit ref and gave it.

Neither were actual penalties that should have been given. But it is fun to use it as a way to WUM.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You lot are always harping on about that dive, yet I don't see us harping on about Calvert-Lewin going down softly. As your manager said, if you've got a player in or around the box - don't touch him or there's a good chance he'll go down and you'll get a penalty given against you. And yeah, we were pissed off about Kane and Lamela, but I don't see us bringing it up every time Storts shows up (although I think he'd love it if we did). Lallana did exactly what Calvert-Lewin did but a fraction outside the box and the shit ref was a shit ref and gave it.

Neither were actual penalties that should have been given. But it is fun to use it as a way to WUM.

Yeah I was well up for needlessly making this into a whole thing a couple of hours ago, quiet evening over here, but now I can't be arsed and I'm off to bed.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I was well up for needlessly making this into a whole thing a couple of hours ago, quiet evening over here, but now I can't be arsed and I'm off to bed.

It happens. Sometimes we need a good rest before we are in prime WUM-ing form.

Archived