• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 27th March - England 1-1 Italy

football forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

VAR. First time I’ve seen it used in the flesh tonight and I can’t really complain about it. The one thing I would say is that it’s a bit pointless that once the big screens at either end signified that the penalty was going to VAR, us in the ground just watched the referee watching the incident on the big screens. I’d like to see some ‘involvement’, if you can call it that, by having the reviewed incident shown within the ground. At most Premier League grounds this will be a problem I know but at places like Wembley, any reviewed incident should be shown, IMO. I’ve read the decision was correct, as I’ve not seen it back, so I won’t question that till I’ve seen it. 

I can't agree with that. You want VAR to be as impartial as possible and having a roar from the home crowd at the appropriate moment will inevitably skew the decision maker's thought process. I definitely understand the concern and I do think it's something that needs to be addressed, but that's not the right way to do it.

6 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I can't agree with that. You want VAR to be as impartial as possible and having a roar from the home crowd at the appropriate moment will inevitably skew the decision maker's thought process. I definitely understand the concern and I do think it's something that needs to be addressed, but that's not the right way to do it.

You do realise that’s what happens in a game of Football, don’t you? Referees are pressured into making decisions from fans throughout a 90 minute game of Football so bringing in an action replay of a contentious decision isn’t going to all of a sudden make a referee crumble and give a decision differently. 

47 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You do realise that’s what happens in a game of Football, don’t you? Referees are pressured into making decisions from fans throughout a 90 minute game of Football so bringing in an action replay of a contentious decision isn’t going to all of a sudden make a referee crumble and give a decision differently. 

Yes

The difference is that it's easily avoidable when it comes to VAR.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Danny said:

I can see the penalty because of Young.

Though Chiesa deserves to have his testicles removed for that display of being a complete and utter pussy. How people look their friends and family in the eyes after being that much of a soft cunt?

It is pathetic how much it's been normalised now. That kind of behaviour has been allowed to become the norm.

Archived