talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The state of Italian Football

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

5 years ago it was a lot worse, I agree. Overall the standard of the league is better than it was, but you well know the league will still have its doubters because they have 3 CL spots and the stadiums don't fill up as much as other European leagues, when in reality it's a close call between Serie A and the Premier League for the second best league. 

I like both better than La Liga tbh.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

A damning statistic for Serie A. Expecting smaller teams to compete when they pander to the bigger teams far more than their 'rival' leagues.

The interesting one there is Ligue1 for me... The highest earner (obviously PSG) at almost €58m and yet spent nearly €400m last summer.  What are UEFA waiting for?  How are they looking to wrangle this one to make us feel stupid. xD

14 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

A damning statistic for Serie A. Expecting smaller teams to compete when they pander to the bigger teams far more than their 'rival' leagues.

I'd like to see the updated stats once the Serie B Playoffs are over and the teams are set for next year. Last year the league had 3 really 'poor' teams in SPAL, Crotone, and Benevento. Now that two of them are gone, and replaced with wealthier teams like Emploi, Parma, and maybe Palermo, I think that would put SPAL at the bottom of the list and I don't think they have a chance to last another year in Serie A. 

Archived