talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pathological Liars

football forum

On 04/06/2018 at 21:11, Stan said:

attention-seeking and may be not happy with the life he has lived so far, so wants to spice it up a bit...?

People who attention-seek tend to be insecure in my opinion. They tell so many bullshit stories because it must make them feel good and important.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/06/2018 at 20:58, Eco said:

Got one I work with. Luckily he doesn't sit too close to me, but I hear his nonsense daily. His immediate neighbor at work has a spreadsheet of all the lies he has told over the years, and they are too crazy to really understand the audacity of this liar. 

Some of his lies that I've personally heard are:

1. He played soccer at Alabama. (I went to Alabama, we didn't have a soccer team)
2. He played for DC United (We called, they have no record of him)
3. he was on the USA soccer Olympic team (Nope)
4. He was a FIFA rated Goalie (he's 5'7, 240lbs. He definitely wasn't on FIFA)
5. He got bite by a shark...twice, but has no scars
6. He got into a bad car wreck as a kid and suffered 3rd degree burns, but has no scars because he was chosen for a clinical testing to remove all scars. 
7. His family was recently robbed of 200lbs of pure gold by thus in Nigeria, and have involved the FBI in getting the gold bars back. 
8. His father owns a Fortune 500 company, but his last name isn't the same (so you can't search), and he's not able to tell us the company. 

I've been at this gig for 5 months and this is already what he's told me. 

I don't get it. What purpose does one have to blatantly lie so much to everyone? Such an absolutely joke this guy is. 

Worse thing is in your younger days is being round bullshitters who try outdoing each other. One comes out with a bullshit story and the other will try outdoing them with a bullshit story of their own.

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Worse thing is in your younger days is being round bullshitters who try outdoing each other. One comes out with a bullshit story and the other will try outdoing them with a bullshit story of their own.

Man, I forgot all about Eric..what a character he was.

If I remember correctly, he went for a promotion, didn't get it, and then was 'offered at job as his father's company'. Once he left, he deleted all public traces of himself on LinkedIn and no one heard from him since.

Granted this was 4 years ago, so all I can say is that I'm so glad I left that job, started working from home, and no long have to deal with people like that, even though he was most certainly an extreme example.

40 minutes ago, Eco said:

If I remember correctly, he went for a promotion, didn't get it, and then was 'offered at job as his father's company'. Once he left, he deleted all public traces of himself on LinkedIn and no one heard from him since.

Granted this was 4 years ago, so all I can say is that I'm so glad I left that job, started working from home, and no long have to deal with people like that, even though he was most certainly an extreme example.

You need to get in contact and ask him to join this forum.

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

You need to get in contact and ask him to join this forum.

He'll probably decline because of the FBI's still investigating the missing gold bars case and has advised the whole family to get off forums and such.

Or maybe his father is currently looking to purchase META, and also this forum, so it would be a conflict of interest.

Or maybe his parents are running for President, and have been advised to stay off forums and such.

Or maybe he was picked up by the Manchester United reserves and so he doesn't have the time

Or maybe his network is running so far ahead of everyone else's that his speed is too great to be able to participate in online communities.

Or maybe...

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Eco said:

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Teso, and was thoroughly confused xD 

Archived