talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

Much like @Lucas, I wanted more screen time of Michael and wish they introduced Corey earlier in the series, but I allude the direction the writers took with this film as it best represents John Carpenter's vision of the original 1978 film. It was never meant to be a slasher film. It's a character study on how evil can corrupt even the smallest of communities. Michael Meyers has left trauma in Haddonfield to a point where the town can never heal.  I'm convinced critics will learn to appreciate this film as years pass, much like with the 1978 original. 

Let's get this out of the way first, the tone, score, and cinematography is the best of the series. They nailed it. Also credit to Jaimie Lee Curtis and especially Rohan Campbell. Superb performances. 

The metaphysical tone of the film suggests evil has the power to corrupt. You can either refuse it, or you can let it in. Laurie makes it known in the first few minutes of the film when she is writing her book. Anyone that is driven as such will allow themselves to be consumed by evil, which is what happens to Corey when he gazes into Michael's eyes. Michael Meyers in every essence is the embodiment of evil. No motive. No conscious. We aren't supposed to know exactly what drove Michael mad. That's the point.  Dr. Loomis and Laurie both looked upon Michael's eyes and have seen this evil first hand. Both rejected it. Corey was consumed by it. Michael letting Corey go was due to him seeing the same evil in Corey. They essentially become one and the same after this meeting, but it likely wasn't a meeting of chance, but fate. Evil doesn't die. It changes shape. 

The Michael vs Laurie altercation was phenomenal. Much needed closure. The whole "Do it" scene, where the Halloween score was playing and you could see the flashbacks of all the films. Goosebumps. 

8/10. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2022 at 05:21, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Saw it at the cinema last night. Very bland, shitty performance from 'Corey', and the allegory of the 'school shooters are victims too' was heavy handed and shite. 

You know sometimes I look at your posts to see how often you say something positive. I've worked out its 0.073% of the time 

8 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

You know sometimes I look at your posts to see how often you say something positive. I've worked out its 0.073% of the time 

I'm not wrong i'm just an arsehole. 

I just checked, movie has a 40% on RT. I say positive things about films and tv shows that deserve them. 

Archived