Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

Halloween

Complete reboot and takes place 40 years after the 1st film. So glad to see they are going to ignore the abominations that came after, as well as the recently new remakes that were a new level of shit.

Being a massive fan of the original, to which it is by far my all time favorite horror film, can safely say I will be watching the premier of this. A part of me wishes they would just let this series die, but considering this is a continuation after the masterpiece that was the original, just gets me more eager to watch it. 

"I met him 15 years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no, uh, conscience, no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this 6 year old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes, the devil's eyes. I spent 8 years trying to reach him and than another 7 trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"

Edited by Cicero

Love the original, everything afterwards has been a massive disappointment. Hopefully this stop the trend, it does look quite good from the trailer.

Loved the Halloween films as a kid, when I watched them as an adult though they were pretty shite. Hopefully this one delivers because I think they are just ignoring all the shitty sequels that came after the original movie if I have read it right.

15 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Loved the Halloween films as a kid, when I watched them as an adult though they were pretty shite. Hopefully this one delivers because I think they are just ignoring all the shitty sequels that came after the original movie if I have read it right.

The first is still an absolute timeless classic. Didn't have to even show blood to keep the viewer in suspense and terrified. Truly a masterpiece of its own. 

Everything after was shit. Especially the concept of making him 'invincible', which is why I am glad they chose to ignore the 2nd film as well. (Michael getting caught on fire and Laurie shooting him in the eyes). 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The first is still an absolute timeless classic. Didn't have to even show blood to keep the viewer in suspense and terrified. Truly a masterpiece of its own. 

Everything after was shit. Especially the concept of making him 'invincible', which is why I am glad they chose to ignore the 2nd film as well. (Michael getting caught on fire and Laurie shooting him in the eyes). 

Yeah I meant to say everything except the original movie was trash, I still watch the original because it's always on TV around Halloween time. The 1 based around a reality TV show were they are all locked in a house is easily the worst one ever made for me.

Select cinema premiere showings had the viewers rate it as a success. 

Great to hear