talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamal Blackman Signs for Leeds United

@Lucas.

Obviously this is a loan deal because of, well, Chelsea.

I rate him very highly and think he would be an asset for almost any Championship team. However this could be a massive test of his character. He hasn't played for a team where there's a big level of expectation and history behind the club that's been associated with under performing for over fifthteen years. 

If he can get over this hurdle then we have some Goalkeeper in the making.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His form dipped towards the end of our last season. However, if he can maintain consistency and stay injury free this time for Leeds then it will be an astute signing.

On 14/07/2018 at 16:46, The Palace Fan said:

@Lucas.

Obviously this is a loan deal because of, well, Chelsea.

I rate him very highly and think he would be an asset for almost any Championship team. However this could be a massive test of his character. He hasn't played for a team where there's a big level of expectation and history behind the club that's been associated with under performing for over fifthteen years. 

If he can get over this hurdle then we have some Goalkeeper in the making.

We have a promising keeper in Baily Peacock-Farrell, who I feel a little for because he was given a chance, and I believe he didnt let us down the last few games. 

That said, I've heard promising things about Blackman and ultimately I want to see two players competing for the position. Blackman will probabpy get the nod to start as he has last season behind him but Bailey will keep him on his toes I feel.

Last season, Weiderweld was awful and when Lonergan came in, he was just as gash so Felix kinda always knew he wouldn't be troubled till we turned to the untried kid out of nowhere.

Hopefully the competition for the number one spot will spur these two on.

Word about my club was Blackman had a chance to stick around this season as there is a possibility one of our keepers will be moved on soon. It's interesting the links to Big Pete & Peter's son did not arise until this loan for Jamal became active. He is well thought of at Chelsea and Leeds have fought off a number of other clubs at a similar level to gain his services for a year.

Archived