talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Berahino Claims His Drink Was Spiked In A Nightclub

Stoke City striker Saido Berahino says the eight-week drugs ban he served earlier this season came after his drink was spiked in a nightclub.

Berahino did not play for former club West Brom between September and January, when he joined Stoke for £12m.

"To be banned for something you really haven't done is hard to take," the 23-year-old told BBC's Football Focus.

He claims the level of drugs found was "really low", which he says proves there was no intent on his behalf.

"You go on a night out, you don't know who you are around and there are people who are out to get you," said the former England Under-21 international.

"Of course, I was in a nightclub, so I hold my hand up for being irresponsible.

"From then on it all crashed down. To this day, I still cannot understand who would want to do that to me."

'No-one at West Brom protected me'

Berahino, who has played in the Premier League six times for Stoke, was absent from the first team for his final four months at West Brom.

Baggies boss Tony Pulis said repeatedly the Burundi-born striker was not playing because of a lack of fitness.

Berahino rejects suggestions Pulis tried to protect him.

"No-one protected me at that club," he said.

"It was hard not doing what I really love - that's what killed me the most.

"Waking up in the morning, playing football and having a smile on your face. Not doing that was the hardest thing for me."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39450446

Put your thumb over the straw in your WKD

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

"From then on it all crashed down. To this day, I still cannot understand who would want to do that to me."

Jeremy Peace was in the same nightclub as well...

Archived