• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morelia are going to struggle the rest of the season. Edison Flores, Gabriel Achillier and Sebastian Sosa are their only good players. It really shows that their whole team was Diego Valdes and Raul Ruidiaz, both of whom have moved on to other teams.

Gallese, sometimes deemed a keeper "too good" for Veracruz by Mexicans has been sent back to Peru by their new wanker of a manager. No team was interested in him which is stupid, but why would they transfer list one of the best goalkeepers in the league? That's the underlying issue for me. The new manager said he isn't in his plans, so it's not because Gallese wanted out. Annoying as fuck. His new club is going to be Alianza Lima.

Bolivian CB Luis Haquin joins Puebla. 21 years old, 6 foot 3 and his main strength is anticipation. I like this move, doubt he'll get game time off the go but in the Copa MX he could make a few appearances. I thought he was excellent for Oriente Petrolero and I've seen him play for the national team in their recent friendlies as well. Excellent header of the ball and great anticipation. 

I'd say he's the next best Bolivian defender since Raldes. I genuinely think he can become really good. He'll definitely become a key player for Bolivia in the future.

Great game between Monterrey and Leon. The latter tied the game up in the last minute of the game via the villain for the visitors Andres Mosquera. From villain to hero in just a few minutes.

Glad to see my boy Pedro Aquino do well.

I finally got to see Monarcas last night, and my word they are garbage this year.

Flores firstly will never succeed here if he continues to play as a 6. Someone tell Hernandez that is not his position!

Secondly the whole team bar Achillier and Sosa is trash. Sansores and Vilchis should be nowhere near this team. They are Lobos and Veracruz quality. In my opinion the starting forward should be either Lezcano or Avila, but more the former. 

As for Ray Sandoval, he's good at scoring goals so I think he has a general place in this team. His outfield play though is horrendous.

Last night Monarcas did not create a single chance. They misplaced so many passes and the only reason they lost by just 1 goal is because Santos didn't make them work a lot. Achillier kept things under control since Santos did not get forward a lot. It's going to be a long Clausura, they'll finish in the bottom 3. They really miss Valdes and Ruidiaz.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate that I missed the America game tonight. Heard it was amazing, with 4 red cards and a win by Monterry. 

Right now watching Pachua vs Pumas with the former being the better side, just having missed out on a few chances. 

I'll tell you one thing, the game this weekend between Monterrey and America was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen in awhile. I'm not an CA fan, but I know @José is, and I doubt even he could say that the match was boring. 

On the reverse side, Queretaro might be the worst side I've ever seen in Liga MX. 

Friday - 01/02/19
Morelia vs Atlas
Puebla vs Necaxa

Saturday - 02/02/19
America vs Queretaro
Leon vs Cruz Azul
Tigres vs Santos
Tijuana vs Toluca

Sunday - 03/02/19
Pumas vs Monterrey
Lobos vs Pachuca

Monday - 04/02/19
Chivas vs Veracruz

I need a team...haha. But seriously, i enjoy watching all the matches. It's one of the few leagues that I could watch any two teams play off against one another. 

Easy 3 points for America this weekend. 

55 minutes ago, José said:

That's next season :ay:increasing the gap among us and the rest of the chump clubs is top priority. Regardless of how good Atlanta was last season, no way in hell they would be favour ahead of club America.

Ha - it was a joke. 

I still need to figure out how Liga MX works. The whole 2 champions/year annoys the hell out of me. 

I think for teams, I'm thinking of either Cruz Azul (saw them in Atlanta a decade ago play against the Atlanta Silverbacks), Chivas (because they had a part in growing the MLS), Pachua (solely because I rather enjoy the name), or Pumas (because they are so iconic and fun to watch when they are decent. 

EDIT: Probably be Atlas, as I have watched them for some time, they are a massive club in terms of constantly winning the league, but have a great fan support in a quality city. 

9 minutes ago, José said:

That's next season :ay:increasing the gap among us and the rest of the chump clubs is top priority. Regardless of how good Atlanta was last season, no way in hell they would be favour ahead of club America.

And if America played Atlanta last year over two legs, I think it would be a lot closer that you would expect. We might not be favored, but we wouldn't be underdogs. But both teams have lost a lot of talent in the past 12 months so now it would be a whole new story. 

11 minutes ago, José said:

xDjoga Bonito USA? 

I'm not familiar with Benedetti...how many games has he played for you? Surely not much otherwise I'd have seen him play (or at least I think so). 

Just now, José said:

We just signed him along with Nico Castillo mate. He made his debut with Colombia versus Argie a few months ago. His addition to the Mateus + guido midfield is not even fair to the rest of the league and up front Nico Castillo  :x 

Do you think he'll get a chance to play this weekend? With all the signings you have done, it'll be interesting to see what you guys look like. 

2 minutes ago, José said:

I doubt it, unlike Nico who played with Pumas, it will take a 2-3 weeks to fully get used to Mexico city. Given it's a short tournament format, the coach won't risk a result but both players should be more than ready once the playoffs come around. 

Plus - at least you 'shouldn't' be needing any help this weekend. 

I'll say it again: This is the worst Monarcas since before Ruidiaz joined.

Flores, Achillier and Sosa are the only 3 players that can be saved from this dross.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'll say it again: This is the worst Monarcas since before Ruidiaz joined.

Flores, Achillier and Sosa are the only 3 players that can be saved from this dross.

Well played. 

Morelia score to tie it up 1-1. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Well played. 

Morelia score to tie it up 1-1. 

Peruvian Irven Avila gets the assist.

I thought he deserved another chance to be honest. He's not a great player but he's better than any of the wank forwards at Monarcas (Lezcano and Sansores)

Fuck sake - Atlas score again.

Sack off everyone except the 3 I mentioned. All garbage.

Avila needs to play as forward every game until they find someone better. For now he's the least worst option.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived